You can type here any text you want

Powermaster problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bubba1974

I'm completly new to this GN thing. Got my '86 a few months ago and am learning about the beloved Powermaster system. My issue is that the brake pump runs constantly while the engine is running. Is there a logical process to finding out what the problems is? Have any of you had similar issues?

I have a friend that converted to vacumn booster and claims it works better than hydroboost. Anyone heard of this fix?

if youre going to change from the the p/m go with the hydro boost set up 100 times better there are posts in the wheel and brake forum.you can diy or check out power brake services set up depends on youre budget.

The debate rages on. HUMBLE-U2 is right. The vacuum brake conversion works well for some and is cheap. However,the Hydroboost is much better in my opinion. Although more expensive, I have had all three on my car and the Hydroboost kicks ass. Easily holds 15 to 17 lbs of boost. Maybe even higher. Just never tried it. The side benefits are no more expensive Powermaster parts and better reliability.

Back