You can type here any text you want

Precision Turbos ROCK !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

top gun

Banned
Going 9.57 @ 142 with a 70 gtq is just unbelievable. You won't find another turbo mfg. throwing down those kind of numbers with a 70 turbo. If you guys are on the fence as to which turbo to go with, the Precision gtq's make some serious power and spool great.

Dave Bamford

Stop bragging Dave!:D ;)

Nah in all seriousness that PT70 GTQ is capable of some SERIOUS power when you consider how heavy Dave's car is and how fast he is going..... Let's just say that on the good ol' HP calculator that 3-bolt 70 GTQ is good for an honest 900fwhp and 800rwhp on Dave's TSM car:eek:

Which makes you wonder what a car like that could do with a nice 76.... :eek:

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
Which makes you wonder what a car like that could do with a nice 76.... :eek:

We may find out at the Bradenton event in the 109 Outlaw class cause Dave did mention a 76 GTQ:D :cool:

:eek: thats flying dave and here i thought i would have a chance in tsm next year. Great pass

Hey Dave: When you switch to the 76 how about "loaning me the 70 and the spare you have". I'll put them on the Opel and head for Bradenton. Might be able to hit 190 MPH. :D :D

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
Hey Dave: When you switch to the 76 how about "loaning me the 70 and the spare you have". I'll put them on the Opel and head for Bradenton. Might be able to hit 190 MPH. :D :D

I am sure the Opel can handle 1800 BIG ONES. Can you????:eek: ;)

Dave that is a wicked number (9.57)!Does the 109 block have forged internals?Jim

Originally posted by dow j
Dave that is a wicked number (9.57)!Does the 109 block have forged internals?Jim

Yes it has a forged crank, the rods are not stock.

Dave,

You may have missed my question up there.... inquiring minds want to know. Can you give any specs of this unit (compressor cover, inlet/outlet, turbine housing, mods)? TIA

Originally posted by Intercooler
Dave,

You may have missed my question up there.... inquiring minds want to know. Can you give any specs of this unit (compressor cover, inlet/outlet, turbine housing, mods)? TIA

ITS TOP SECRET:confused:

I know to gain "The Racers Edge" some things need to stay secret. If that is the case I understand. If not.....spill the beans:D I just want to know if it is the same unit John Q. Public can order up over the phone or does it have a mellon exhaust housing or trimmed/modded blades or pitches. Simple stuff like that:)

Bolt one up Jesse, You'll know when you see the time slips.

Seems I will have to be waiting all winter not knowing what will happen at 30 psi on mine. Need some warm weather around here.

Dave,

Just the standard 4 inch inlet 3 inch outlet. No mods on the turbine housing just the gtq wheel. Give Joe or Pat a call I am sure they have a few on the shelf.

Dave,

It's the same turbo you laughed at when I told you about it two years ago, congrats Dave sent you e mail!

71.5 mm, and produced 620 rwhp and 614 rwt tonight at 26 lbs of boost on the dyno, very good night indeed! I'll be sleeping with a smile tonight... Thanks to the tune of Pete Barton and Joe Lubrant.

Back