You can type here any text you want

Precision Turbos ROCK !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Louie L.

I think you should check your turbo, maybe them PTE boys put one of them billets in there with out you looking:cool:

I just checked, no billet wheel in there. Maybe there is a 9.30 in it with the billet wheel and the GSCA outlaw cover. :D

Top Gun- what converter and stall did you have on the car to achieve those times? thanks

It's a Precision Industries converter. I have been tightening up the converter all season long and it could use a little bit more. I now have 1 pound of boost @ 2500 rpm. The PT 70 GTQ spools up quick enough to run on a pro tree leaving at 13 to 15 pounds or more if the track can handle it.

Dave I am surprised you are not running the Neal Chance converter, ditched my PI for this converter, no complaints so far, boost comes up much faster than before..

Originally posted by twin 93 svt
Dave I am surprised you are not running the Neal Chance converter, ditched my PI for this converter, no complaints so far, boost comes up much faster than before..

have you been able to calculate how much slip you are getting with the NC?

Hey Louie, The difference I seen Between the two was r.p.m. drop on the Neal Chance was 1,000 r.p.m. between shifts compared to numerous Precision Industries converters that dropped between 150 to 250 r.p.m.

which keeps the motor more in the power band. this is on a 400 w a brake of course. Try one out on a dyno, I don't think you will be dissapointed.:)

Originally posted by twin 93 svt

I was about to give up on Old Purple until the last tighten up.
I may switch to a Neil Chance this spring if the Precision Ind can't handle the new found power, 1000 big ones. :eek: :D

Back