You can type here any text you want

Precision Turbos ROCK !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by twin 93 svt
It's the same turbo you laughed at when I told you about it two years ago, congrats Dave sent you e mail!
Actually the one you told me about was a smaller unit but doesn't matter...... I still prefer Limit turbos. If it worth changing the wheels though.....

Arguing won't accomplish anything Jesse, the wheels are made by garrett and should be available to John Craig also, Call him instead of curving this thread. back to this thread...... This turbo is amazing!

Originally posted by salvageV6
Anyone know the size of the wheels in that 70GTQ turbo?

71.5 mm
Uh, no. The limit on the inducer bore is 71.5mm. If the inducer of the compressor wheel is 71.5mm, it'll hit the inlet bell and self destruct. The "71.5" number that Precision uses is more of a marketing term. The inducer side of the wheel is limited to 70mm. As to the size of the exducer...well, I haven't asked.

The power comes about from the billet-CNC machine produced compressor wheel. They are lighter and have more 'aggressive' shapes on the blades of the wheels. The turbine wheel is SO aggressive in its shape, that it actually sticks out past the exit of the turbine housing. These two factors together can allow a motor to make 50-75 more HP over the usual cast wheels.

I'm not letting any cats out of the bag. Just call Harry or Jim Byrne at Precision...you'll get the same story.

So is the wheel size larger than other 70 turbos on the market?

Might explain some of the horsepower differences over others current product.

I think it is a much lighter wheel and rotating assembely,with radical pitch on blades, but I'm sure a call to PTE would get you more detailed information....

twin 93, when did you make your pulls. Was it after steve. we thought steve was the last one to pull . and left after hi
second pull. Congrats on the big numbers.

did steve ever figure out his probs. since he has the same turbo. joe and pete figure out a good progam

So are both the comp and exh wheels billet?
How much does this turbo cost?
Is it a custom made turbo per application or 1 of a kind off the shelf?
Thanks in advance!

71.5 mm, and produced 620 rwhp and 614 rwt tonight at 26 lbs of boost on the dyno, very good night indeed! I'll be sleeping with a smile tonight... Thanks to the tune of Pete Barton and Joe Lubrant.

Nice numbers! You have a 9 there with a good 60 ft.
I hope Joe isn't giving out too many secrets. ;) :D

Originally posted by Scott231

The power comes about from the billet-CNC machine produced wheels (both the compressor and turbine). They are lighter and have more 'aggressive' shapes on the blades of the wheels. The turbine wheel is SO aggressive in its shape, that it actually sticks out past the exit of the turbine housing. These two factors together can allow a motor to make 50-75 more HP over the usual cast wheels.

Ill have to try one of those billet compressor wheels next year.
Maybe it will pick up a few over the cast wheel I am running now. :D

Glad your having good luck with them, all but 1 that I've had and 1 that my pop has have held together for any reasonable length of time. Seems that the LE turbo I'm using now is a lot more durable.

PTE

Great turbo just got to upgrade fuel system. Thanks Harry and Joe for all the time and help you's give. And Joe doe's know the right stuff! BTW a big thanks to Pete and Steve. Great guy's at ANS I had a great time!!!

Fun night a lot left early great pulls.

Steve Pitts:D

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Glad your having good luck with them, all but 1 that I've had and 1 that my pop has have held together for any reasonable length of time. Seems that the LE turbo I'm using now is a lot more durable.

I have never had any durability issues with Precision's turbos over the years. When the turbo lets go there seems to be something going on in the heads or the motor. Before you lose another one you might want to check a few things.

I do not believe the turbine wheel is billet. I believe that would melt, the compressor however is. Definately a different fin design.

The turbine wheel resembles my 76 Q trim turbo, I would bet it is the same. I should have measured mine before I put it on.

Originally posted by top gun
Ill have to try one of those billet compressor wheels next year.
Maybe it will pick up a few over the cast wheel I am running now. :D

Bawaaaa ..... LOL..... thats the funniest thing u have ever said. I didnt know you were a comedian too.:D ;)

I think you should check your turbo, maybe them PTE boys put one of them billets in there with out you looking:cool:

You think that's funny, I'm still trying to figure out how they call it a 70 turbo when it ain't. :confused:

Maybe someone should put some 72mm wheels in something and slap a 70 label on it and try to go faster. ;)

A billet wheel turbo would cost a man a ton. So Scott you may want to check that fact. BTW did you get my email?
See ya, Kip

Back