Pro-Pain Nozzle tap size?

BLACKHAWK38

I was just wondering if anyone knows, the particulars of the pro-pain Nozzle in the OGS kit?

IS the tapped hole required 1/16" npt like a nitrous jet, 1/8" npt? straight mechanical thread, or metric 8mm.75 like the ERL aquamist?

ALSO, what would be a good orffice size
for about a 350 hp application?

Thanks

Turbo Buick Cars

1985 Riviera Convertible,104k miles
Stock motor
Stock turbocharger with 60 trim compressor wheel
Upgraded Exhaust>single 2.5" Stainless straight through design with Edelbrock RPM Muffler
Random Cat(9000 series 447CFM)
Mandrel 2.5" Downpipe
Finishline ceramic metallic Coated headers and VINCE WELLING DeSIGN modified COBRA NECK 1984 CROSSOVER
87 ecm
MSD DIS-4
30 Lb green stripes
Kirban Adjustable fuel reg
Homemade fuel pump volt booster box
2400 stall Dacco 7227
rebuilt transmission with shift kit
Kenny Holmes big tube GN radiator
Flow-kooler water pump
Black-Magic electric fan
3:36 differential upgrade from 3.15
Melling HV oil pump
Remote mount oil filter (fram HP-4)Modifed Earl's billet 1578 block adapter for O- ring seal hose connectors<closer, neater fit , perma-cool filter mount, 10 AN lines DENSO heated lead proof O2 sensor
Casper's knock lite gauge
Boost gauge
Oil temp gauge
UNDER car COLD air intake filter
I run sunoco GT-100 90% of the time and can manage 20 psi boost with little knock

2ND turbo RIVIERA
1985 T-type Coupe
Still up in NJ for MERKEL 109 BLOCK roller cam motor make OVER> TA-33 turbo , ported intake, 62MM throttle body,COATED 2 inch crossover Pipe off a 1980, stock 85 pipe is a whimppy 1.5" OD , Coated headers, 2800 stall, Eirc SHERTZ transmission rebuild,Jay Carter Varible timing chip with 87 ecm, 37 lb DELPHI injectors, DeQuick adj fuel reg, Reds XP fuel pump

I know turbo
Riviera's ARE Pig slow compared to the GN, but I like EM

I think your sig is over 5 lines. ;)

Are you going to put the nozzle in a soft hose or into a metal pipe? The directions have the sizes in there, if you can't find your directions, lemme know and I'll dig mine out and look for you.

Pro-Pain Nozzle Thread size

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I think your sig is over 5 lines. ;)

Are you going to put the nozzle in a soft hose or into a metal pipe? The directions have the sizes in there, if you can't find your directions, lemme know and I'll dig mine out and look for you.

Thanks for the Reply WakkoSS:

I do not have this Kit yet, I just want to know what is in it.
MY entry point on the SFI turbo Riviera is in the vehicle specific RIVIERA 180 degree cast ellbow DUCT that connects my turbo charger to the intake manifold. THIS adapter has a HOLLOW 8MM1.25 threaded mounting hole on a raised mounting boss. A peferct place to introduce the gas, but I only have about an area the size of a quarter to deal with at maximum thichness of about 3/4"
The 8mm 1.25 stock hollow hole is used to secure the adapter to a steel support bracket, so the new JET has a two fold purpose. IF the pro-pain jet is tapered 1/8" NPT, then the hole can Just be enlarged and tapped. However, If the jet is 1/16" npt, the hole has to really HOGGED out and a plug inserted and then tapped.
I could just take the whole thing out to the weld shop and have the fill the present hole with something, and then drill it to what ever size is required.

ALSO , sorry about the length of the signature, I was not aware of any limitation, I am new to posting on here, and do not know much yet.

BEST REGARDS

I'm bustin your chops about the sig. It was a tad long, but it's good to see what people have. Just condense it a little. Turbo Rivs are often overlooked on this board and deserve some attention. Got some pics? There are some good hot air people on this board that can help you when you need it. As far as the propain, the kit calls for a 3/8 hole in a metal tube and it's recommended to use a sealer. I sent my nozzle and bung to Mease Performance (www.measeperformance.com) and he's making me a 3" polished aluminum up pipe with the bung welded in. Should be really nice with my polished Big Mouth kit and MAF pipe.

For hot air cars, is propane better than alky?

If your casting is thick enough, you could try re-tapping the boss to 3/8-24. I welded a nut on my up-pipe and used that for the fitting.

3/8"-24 thread size?

Originally posted by S10xGN
If your casting is thick enough, you could try re-tapping the boss to 3/8-24. I welded a nut on my up-pipe and used that for the fitting.

SO, S10XGN, you are saying that the jet supplied in he pro-pain Kit is 3/8-24 ?

Regards

DOH! My bad, it's 7/16-20! It's a standard -4 fitting, which threads into the above mentioned thread size.

If I remember right, 8mm is about 5/16th" so you should be able to drill and tap it.

Just to clear up any confusion, the "jet" looks like a lttle "pill" and mounts in the end of a remachined -4 AN fitting. This AN fitting, in turn, threads into a tapped 7/16-20 hole (at least on mine it does). There are many different mounting schemes to be had, but the bottom line is: the jet mounts in a -4 AN fitting. The AN fitting is what you'll HAVE to deal with.

HTH,

propain injection fitting?

Just to clear up any confusion, the "jet" looks like a lttle "pill" and mounts in the end of a remachined -4 AN fitting. This AN fitting, in turn, threads into a tapped 7/16-20 hole (at least on mine it does). There are many different mounting schemes to be had, but the bottom line is: the jet mounts in a -4 AN fitting. The AN fitting is what you'll HAVE to deal with.

HTH,

IS this fitting pictured in either a JEGS or SUmmit catalog, ??

Would I be correct to assume it may be like a BULKHEAD an-4?

I have seen those nitrous jets in the catalog, it seems they MAKE up the 37 degree cone of the AN fitting and that the threads are straigt on the nozzle to add that cone orffice , and then the AN male hose end screws on over the nitrous jet CONE? AM I CLOSE?

WISH THE HELL I HAD ONE HERE TO LOOK AT!!

REGARDS

The fitting is machined by the supplier to accept the jets.

HI JAY, is this a modified (OFF THE Shelf) fitting?

Originally posted by JayC
The fitting is machined by the supplier to accept the jets.
I was wondering What this fitting is like jay, You should be the one who knows, You designed the kit,

HERE are too many questions for you to answer about the fitting.

Describe it articuatly enough so I could make one FROM just your description.

HOW long is the fitting "

What is it diameter,

Does it use an off the shelf nitrous pill jet?

DOES it have straight AN type threads?

DOes it have pipe threads?

IS it an-4 size?

IS it a modified off the shelf fitting?

IS it made from scratch?

IS it made from steel?

IS it made from brass?

IS it made from aluminum?

IF it is straight threads, how do you seal the bulkhead? DOWTY SEAL? NYLON washers, fiber washers?

SO, we have got a fitting that is X long, X" dia, with unknown threads, made out of an unknown material,

YOUR UP PROFESSOR

Here's a pic from Summit, couldn't find the "right" size, but the pic is the same: Steel -4 AN Fitting Now picture this piece with one end machined flat to the threads, removal of about 3/16" of the end. Now the jet slides into the end and forms the new "taper". The hose plugs into this end, pinning the jet into the fitting and using the jet's taper to seal it. The other end is straight 7/16-20 machine thread. I used red silicone on mine to seal it.

Modified steel AN-4 male union

Here's a pic from Summit, couldn't find the "right" size, but the pic is the same: Steel -4 AN Fitting Now picture this piece with one end machined flat to the threads, removal of about 3/16" of the end. Now the jet slides into the end and forms the new "taper". The hose plugs into this end, pinning the jet into the fitting and using the jet's taper to seal it. The other end is straight 7/16-20 machine thread. I used red silicone on mine to seal it.

I AM GETTING THE IDEA NOW< I have never had any experience with Nitrous and have not seen any of the equipment first hand, but I imagined that the Those JETS Fit up like you say by looking at the pictures,
THANK YOU, Now I know what the KIT CONTAINS< THIS MAY HELP ME BETTER HOOK up my application (85 RIVIERA)

I think that I may have to use a LONGER AN-4 bulkhead union and HAVE it modified like the one supplied in the kit, I have a pretty thick boss to get into on my intake adapter plus the thickness of the mounting bracket I have to go through, SO I am pretty sure I will need LONG REACH threads, so a MODIFED bulkhead union SHOULD work for me.
AS FOR sealing the threads, the extra threads with allow me to use a back up jam nut and a EARL's STATO SEAL.

THANNKS AGAIN