You can type here any text you want

Prop for Racing (Lightweight) Hood

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have a carbon fiber hood and an looking for a neat prop for it. It has no provision for gas strutshough uses the stock hood hinge. Using hood pins on front of hood. Anyone know if a prop that will work with minimum mods?
Conrad

Have you got a picture of the hood? I would like to see what it looks like.

You could use one of the over center type like the nascar guys use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lightweight-Billet-Aluminum-Hood-Supports-Hood-Hinges-Five-Star-NASCAR-SCCA-NASA-/130836209260?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222001&algo=SIC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=14293&meid=5567871173547325955&pid=100011&prg=1095&rk=1&sd=110912732856&

Or you could hit the junkyard and find one from a passenger car that would be long enough and fit the core support. I know a 94-04 mustangs have a long straight prop rod that would be easy to secure to a g-body core support.

All are good ideas. I actually spent an hour last night looking for hood props on Ebay and agree that a Fox Body Mustang prop will work. Didn't think about NASCAR prop. I was hoping one of you guys would have a neat prop that you could share with me. Have any of you used a NASCAR prop? Photo?

I bought the CF hood from a guy in Chicago...he had a friend deliver it to Richard Clark's Buick event in NC last summer. It is supposedly a VFN racing hood though I see nothing that mentions manufacturer on it. Supposedly VFN made a limited run of these hoods. It is VERY light.....like you can pick it up with one finger! Came with Hotchkis hood pins. Could take photos if youo tell me what you want to look at.

Conrad

Back