Pt67gtq - Non Bb With 4" Inlet & 3" Outlet Question?????

5 LTR KLR

Ok can some one help me with this PT67GTQ NON BALL BEARING turbo. Should I keep it or I was wondering if I should go to a pt6776 bb turbo with the 4" inlet and 3" outlet??

Here is my new combo with a stock block that is going to be refrenshened up with this:

* TRW pistons .30 over
* stock rods
* stock crank with billet main caps
* Champion iron proted heads with stock rockers
* Cometic head gaskets from Weber with ARP studded head bolts
* Champion ported intake
* Accufab dog house and 70mm throttle body
* 206/202 Weber roller cam..not a high lift 206/206 cam
* Weber front cover with high volume oil pump
* light wieght LT1 starter
* Quad Air dual intake pumps
* Quad Air volt booster
* Caspers hot wire kit
* 72lb injectors
* stock computer modifed for low impedence injectors
* brand new- Turbo Tweak chip for 72lb injectors
* brand new- stock AC Delco stock mass air flow sensor
* Precision front mount intercooler
* ATR headers
* 3" THDP
* brand new- Julio's dual nozzel alky kit
* 4 core raditor using stock end caps with Ramcharges dual fan and dual relay from Casper
* two air bags
* ATR rear saway bar
* boxed in lower control arms and both up upper and lower control arms with new bushings
* S10 wheel cylinders..can hold 15lb of boost on foot brake!!
* Hurst line lock

Now I am sending the PTE stall converter to get it tightened up do to realized it is too lose. ITS LIKE AT 4000 :eek: . Lasalty I am using a BUILT 200r4 from Jimmy's Transmissions in Illinois...HE DOSE GREAT WORK!!!!!

#### SO ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ON WHAT TURBO SHOULD I USE....

Thanks!!!

Rod

I'd say depends on your goals. If you are looking every .10th and not worried about the $ end go for it. The BB unit will spool faster and should give you a little more HP, would be interesting to hear a before and after report if you decide to do it... Good luck!

SGRIM- I'd say depends on your goals. If you are looking every .10th and not worried about the $ end go for it. The BB unit will spool faster and should give you a little more HP, would be interesting to hear a before and after report if you decide to do it... Good luck!

####################################################

I am trying to use what I have....which is I have everything above.

OPPS I am looking to cut like 10.5's!!!;)

turbo

I'm running a non BB PT-67. No complaints here. I don't think it spools slow with my 3200 converter,but I am interested to here before and after results.

Mike

Major Nutz,

what time and mph did you run with your combo?

No times yet with this combo. My old ported iron heads, comp 212, 50lb injectors went 7.50@96mph on bfg DR 1/8 mile with a 1.89 60' . I think it had more in it.

No times yet with this combo. My old ported iron heads, comp 212, 50lb injectors went 7.50@96mph on bfg DR 1/8 mile with a 1.89 60' . I think it had more in it.

What are your goals? You should be going a lot faster with a 67GTQ than you did. Ive gone 6.90's at around 102mph in the eighth with crappy 60's with the 6776 at 3700+lbs. The 6776 goes sub 10.80s with heads, cam, turbo, and a good intercooler pretty easy. The 67GTQ is a 10.30-10.0 turbo. If your goals are to run around 10.80's then i would go with a 6776 and have your converter re-stalled to go to 3000 at zero boost/vacuum. How did you ever wind up with a GTQ? It wasnt a really good choice for your application.

What are your goals? You should be going a lot faster with a 67GTQ than you did. Ive gone 6.90's at around 102mph in the eighth with crappy 60's with the 6776 at 3700+lbs. The 6776 goes sub 10.80s with heads, cam, turbo, and a good intercooler pretty easy. The 67GTQ is a 10.30-10.0 turbo. If your goals are to run around 10.80's then i would go with a 6776 and have your converter re-stalled to go to 3000 at zero boost/vacuum. How did you ever wind up with a GTQ? It wasnt a really good choice for your application.

Only goal I have is to have a fast,dependible,street car. The turbo is a 6776s that was already on the car when I got it. I didn't lean on the car at the track because I had to drive it back home and was told that day it had signs of a head gasket going away. It blew out a month later! I thought the pt-67 covered all the different 67mm turbos? What turbo would you recommend?
It is close to Christmas;)

I'd keep the GTQ and spend the money elsewhere.... That is what is on my street car at the moment, coming off for the twins:cool: , with a 3000 stall....

I would think that the BB version would spool quicker but in a p-trim it is going to make less power than the GTQ. I run a TE67 which is a p-trim non BB 3" inlet 2" outlet.

OK thanks GUYS for the feed back first off!!!!!!!

first I have had some issue with the car...so thats why I am re-doing the motor...an it needs to be rebuilt!!

I have heard some great things with BB 6776 turbo with quick spool up. My GN is street driven and like to have fun on the street if you know what I mean ;) .

My goal is to cut 10.5's OR BETTER!!!

I think I have a great set up...I dont think I have any thing that mis-matches...IF SO WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE BETTER??????

Only goal I have is to have a fast,dependible,street car. The turbo is a 6776s that was already on the car when I got it. I didn't lean on the car at the track because I had to drive it back home and was told that day it had signs of a head gasket going away. It blew out a month later! I thought the pt-67 covered all the different 67mm turbos? What turbo would you recommend?
It is close to Christmas;)

My reply was to 5 ltr klr. I assumed you had a 6776. To go 102mph we were at 26 psi and 24 degrees advance at 8.3:1. A/f was 11.3:1 on c16 and a decent amount of alky. You need some better tires for sure. I rec what you have its the 6776.

My reply was to 5 ltr klr. I assumed you had a 6776. To go 102mph we were at 26 psi and 24 degrees advance at 8.3:1. A/f was 11.3:1 on c16 and a decent amount of alky. You need some better tires for sure. I rec what you have its the 6776.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread:D