PTE 6765 Billet Wheel Turbo Has Landed!

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Since I'm probably the first one on my block to get one of these I thought I'd snap a couple of pics before it goes on the car. This is a new PTE 6765 ball-bearing turbo equipped with the long awaited billet 67mm compressor wheel and HP65 turbine. It is "rated" at a conservative 850HP :eek: and should trump the beloved 6776. Hopefully you can tell from the mediocre pics that this is one wicked turbine wheel. I expect this thing to spool like nobody's business having a ball bearing center section and HP65 turbine with .63 A/R. The new combo http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/engine-tech/277374-new-street-combo.html will fire tomorrow so we will see what this bad boy can do as soon as I get the XFI map zeroed in. Big thanks to Holly @ Hartline Performance for getting this thing here so quickly - Holly is definitely on top of customer service - I guess Cal's OK too :p - top notch folks!

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

Very nice looking turbo! I'd like to know how it performs on the street so make sure to keep us posted!

Awesome! Can't wait to hear the results!! Thanks for posting!

Nice turbo, but is is bigger than the 6776? What is it to replace the 6776? What does it do better? Does it support more HP, and how much does the 6776 support? Just want to know?

New Street Setup

Not that I am envious, but I am. Know it will be a strong runner!!!
Need a return engagement with your tuner!

:eek:

This will replace the old 70 and 71 so make sure who ever buys this you have the fuel system for it cranked up!!:eek:

1chance, a lot of info out there on these turbos, just not on GN's yet. Same 67mm size but the wheel design is different ( more efficient ) and it's billet aluminum. Makes WAY more power than the old 67 ( the 62 billet makes more power than the old 67 ) and this turbo will make the same power as a turbo 5 sizes bigger if you have the new 65 exhaust wheel. This turbo put down 830 to all 4 wheels on an EVO, so it's going to lay down some madd torque for us.

The import world is showing it spool a tad slower than the old 67 but making a TON more power.

Nice turbo, but is is bigger than the 6776? What is it to replace the 6776? What does it do better? Does it support more HP, and how much does the 6776 support? Just want to know?

The 6262 replaces the 6776. Quicker spool/more horsepower...

Looks like a really nice turbo. I look forward to seeing some results. Is this the HPQ version? I like what I am hearing about the results posted elsewhere about it as well. Saw in another thread where Jay listed the 4 versions.

HP6765 Ball Bearing
HP6765 Non Ball Bearing
HP67HPQ Ball Bearing
HP67HPQ Non Ball Bearing

I hope this isnt too far off track, but.....I was wondering about pricing on the HPQ version as it retails for over $2500. That seems a little high to me. Do you think the price is that high because of the initial demand or because the Buick market is such a niche market? I was really thinking this might be my next turbo but not at that price.

There is alot of goodies inside of the BB Billet turbo. The price is high but you get what you pay for... You can take a pretty stock car and put a big enough turbo on it the first time to accommodate future upgrades...

The only downside, other than cost, is I don't' think you can have the BB unit rebuilt. If you take care of it properly that shouldn't be to big of an issue either.. IMO:biggrin:

Spoke To Justin At Pte About This One, Adds A Ton Of Power And Only $100.00 More Than The Old 67

The import world is showing it spool a tad slower than the old 67 but making a TON more power.

Why are people bragging about what these new 62 and 67 turbos do on EVO's and other ricers? What are they doing on Buicks? These ricers run way more boost than we do, it should be making crazy power. Lets see some dyno #'s and some track times from Turbobuicks and then we can see how much better these new turbos are. Just my opinion.

A turbo is a turbo, when the same turbo's go on a test car and the test is very meticulous about details and mods, then dyno'd, the results show the differences regardless of platform. New billet turbo's = faster spool, more power throughout the band, bingo, every FI car will see this. Don't get caught up in 42psi and 2.3L motor, both turbo's were tested on that motor and the results were = faster spool, more power throughout band.

Look at a GN members quote about the 62/65 in this section, he said it spooled as fast as his TA61 and was making more power at the same boost level. Now, didn't all the import dyno graphs show the same thing, yep. :wink:

Ordered mine today. Apparently you can't get the HP6765 Billet dual BB in a H cover, only the S right now. Does anyone know if PTE will be producing this in the H cover anytime soon? Oh well, still ordered it anyways! Spring is right around the corner..........................I hope :cool:

BS ! A turbo is not a turbo when bolted on to different types of engines. The same turbo will favor some combinations mora than others. Cylinder head/intake design, camshaft, timing events ect ect will affect total output of a combination.. But we all know that already.

Its just not true to blanket turbo performance based on what one engine type is developing and another totally different engine.

There is no question that the new Billet 62 and 67 are bad boyz! I know that for a fact. But thats not the point of this post.

+1

I agree, turbo's also have different effeciencies at higher boost levels.