You can type here any text you want

Qa1 coil over help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

I am going with either a trz or autofab tubular upper and lower front control arms. My question is when it comes to selecting a coil over spring what weight should I get. Car is basically stock front end with ac , heat, etc just aluminum heads on weight reduction. Also when it comes to the coil over shock what extension length will I need. This is a street strip car. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I am going with either a trz or autofab tubular upper and lower front control arms. My question is when it comes to selecting a coil over spring what weight should I get. Car is basically stock front end with ac , heat, etc just aluminum heads on weight reduction. Also when it comes to the coil over shock what extension length will I need. This is a street strip car. Thanks

The manufacture of the coil over you choose to buy should know this, and you should at the very least know the weight of your car front & rear, cross weights is even better...

PS: Coil spring rates vary from manufacture to manufacture too so one will not be like the other..

Last edited:
Has anyone used the autofab arms before. I have them on a nova and there nice quality. But I asked them about issues with the down pipe and he told me that the arm is smaller than stock. He also said the lowers have a 2 inch drop so that would be nice. I called trz and asked about issues with there arms anf they told me no issues with turbo buicks with the down pipe. But I read where guys had issues with the trz arms. I am running a 3 inch terry houston down pipe.

No issues at all with our RideTech or Detroit Speed A-arms and the down pipes! Plus both of these manufactures use Delrin bushings which hold up fantastic to the heat of the down pipe so far...

Back