Qa1 rear shocks

c55asleep

I recently purchased front and rear qa1 shocks. When I checked there website it said in the notes it might need a bushing and bolt kit.. I purchased it but I'm not sure what's the purpose. Wondering if anyone knew. Thanks

If your running stock factory shocks you will need the lower hardware to mount to the rear end.

Curious to know what springs you went with for the fronts?
350 lb / 400 lb / 450 lb?

I've got 150 lb springs on my rear QA1's that seem to be working fine for my street driving.

Last edited:
I had bought some single adjustable QA1's from a fellow board member quite some time back and actually put them on just yesterday. I used the factory bolts and nuts and did not need to get any additional things. I did have to grind down one side of the big washer that goes on the bottom stud so that it would not hit the body of the shock. The top mounts with two bolts and nuts and the bottom has a stud on the rear-end that the shock slides into and a big washer and nut holds that. You have to take the wheels off to get the old shock off and the new one on.

I started off on position 8 from 0 and it is definitely too harsh of a ride. I am going to turn it down probably another 3 and see how that works.

Regards,
Shev

I had bought some single adjustable QA1's from a fellow board member quite some time back and actually put them on just yesterday. I used the factory bolts and nuts and did not need to get any additional things. I did have to grind down one side of the big washer that goes on the bottom stud so that it would not hit the body of the shock. The top mounts with two bolts and nuts and the bottom has a stud on the rear-end that the shock slides into and a big washer and nut holds that. You have to take the wheels off to get the old shock off and the new one on.

I started off on position 8 from 0 and it is definitely too harsh of a ride. I am going to turn it down probably another 3 and see how that works.

Regards,
Shev

Thanks for the info. They probably won't get installed for another month or so. The trans and motor is getting rebuilt by Don Cruz.