Questioning turbo size

I have an Edge Racing converter that is a 3000-3200. I am not going to use it, my friend went PTC non lock

I have an Edge 3000 stall just sitting. Friend went PTC non lock. Andre is who I deal with at Edge(owner) he will cut it open reset the stall and replace lockup clutch for $200 and give a 2 year warranty on it.

While I am waiting for parts to get where they need to be I was going to ask is there a chart that shows what mm wheels (s) support what HP ?

If this is a track car and you are going for times you need a 3800 stall converter. Don't get spooked by the stall speed.

Dusty Bradford is still a good source on converters, PTC, you have a monster turbo that is laggy as hell with a 2500 stall speed.

Let me guess, its a dog down low but once it hits 300 feet out it comes alive, right?

While I am waiting for parts to get where they need to be I was going to ask is there a chart that shows what mm wheels (s) support what HP ?

Here is an old chart from gnttype.org

I'm not sure if it will help much.

IMG_5093.PNG

ce7d05d7dd52a4ab13280cbb5ecb5864.jpg

This is from the sticky in this section on turbo size from precision. Good ball park for stall with turbo combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott has you covered with the new PTE stuff above. I'm old school so perhaps this PTE old school listing helps bridge between the two. Have to zoom in, but it is readable.

Buick turbos specs_Precision.jpg

FWIW I made multiple low 10 sec passes on an old t-netics 66. It had the larger turbine and T series compressor cover. Spooling wasn’t bad at all with a 17 blade 9.5”. The compressor was really terrible though. It just couldn’t move air. 135-136mph on a stock shortblock. Turbo was all in. Couldn’t maintain manifold pressure. Boost fell as rpm went up. I now bastardize those old turbos and put in a modern compressor and switch the compressor cover and backplate and it becomes a new animal. 75lbs/min to 95lbs/min flow potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to Turbonetics today besides the new center that was needed and the rebuild, it was better to leave the unit as it is.

It will be cheaper to sale this one and buy a new unit at a different size.

I also asked John about the MPH. It was 97.xxx not 88.xxx MPH.

Talked to Turbonetics today besides the new center that was needed and the rebuild, it was better to leave the unit as it is.

It will be cheaper to sale this one and buy a new unit at a different size.

I also asked John about the MPH. It was 97.xxx not 88.xxx MPH.
the tnetics stuff is VSR balanced.

The plan is to judge the desire for this turbo to sale it and in my case downgrade to a smaller one.

It is a great turbo that have, I just want it to spool up faster.

It made 534 HP with only 24 pounds of boost. It is capable of 35.1 pounds as I accidentally did that once as I disconnected the battery and forgot to reset the boost controller when I had the electric one.

Last edited:
You don’t want to go to loose on the converter. You might pick up in the 60’ but you will be slower overall because of the converter slipping to much . 3500 is on the high side imo for a street car . The real test will be when you get it all back together and see what track times she runs and what your mph is and your 60’ times