You can type here any text you want

Race Gas with a Razor Alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

I hav race gas 110 octane.. The question is I have a razor Alky kit and it is set up for 93 with alky.. Can I use mostly 93 and maybe just add a couple gallons of the race gas? or can u run it on the race gas alone..

You can run straight race gas. More octane wont hurt. I always run race gas and alky when I push the car hard

The alky is fuel so you will probably need to pull some out on the top end or you will be super RICH!!!

Target 10.50 afr and you will see actual's in the 9's afr.

JD

The best my car ever ran was with 110 octane and a dual nozzle alky in the summer heat. 90* ambient temps. I ran a 50shot of N2O at that time also. There is no replacement for octane. I don't see the point in mixing fuels unless you know what you have and are going to tune around it. If you have 15% 110 octane one day and 30% another then you need to adjust the tune. Leaving the
Timing and targets the same with a high octane non oxygenated fuel as you would with 93 octane is a waste of $. You could save some time and just go throw $200 out the window if you running an unknown mixture and not tuning anything.

The alky is fuel so you will probably need to pull some out on the top end or you will be super RICH!!!

Target 10.50 afr and you will see actual's in the 9's afr.

JD

His chip is already setup for alky. He doesnt need to pull fuel just because he is increasing octane.

Like Bison said if your using a inconsieint mix correct ,but if you plan on TUNING with race and alky it will by nature be rich amd probably lay over some on the top end of a quater mile pass thats all I was saying, personally I tune with 93 and alky only and if you go up slow on the boost when tuning you really dont need race gas at all.

Just my opinion, would never tell anyone to risk hurting there motor.

TUNING IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE INFO YOU HAVE TO TUNE WITH!!!

JD

just trying to help!

I used 110 and alky at the track. Fouled my plugs to the point it didn't want to idle. It cleaned up after 60' and pulled hard, but still slower than on 93. I would stick with what its tuned for.

Major, so your saying your plugs fould because you put race gas in your car?

JDSGNX, I agree i would never mix 91 and race. one or the other IMOP. Also your saying if i go from 91 octane to 100 octane my tune is going to be rich just by chaning octane? why is that? Also your saying if i slowly go up on boost (target 30psi) with 91 and alky i will be just as safe as if i had 110 and alky?

That's what I blamed it on. I was also only at 20,but the chip is set for 25# of boost. That might have contributed too. After filling up with 93, fresh plugs & new O2 sensor, it ran fine.

just asking, it could have been alot of different things including just pure luck, tune was off etc.

I will try some racing unleaded when I get back out to the track. Still have some tuning to do.

I'm thinking about running 2012 races with 100GT and dual nozzle alky. That way I can run more timing and with my SLIC the alky can cool the charge on a hot summer's day to apply maximum boost.

All I'm saying is whay ever you do or want to get done with your car TUNING IS KEY!!!!!

I use an XFI now have used chips for a long time, but If you don't have our use a datalogger of some kind YOU ARE GOING to hurt something, Wide band correction is great as long as you start low on the boost and build up to where yoy want to be.

Did you know that you can have to rich knock as well as to lean. ask Julio he is the best at tuning and has helped me for many years so I like to help when I can.

JD

WHY run alky with RACE gas ??? Am I missing something ?? o_O
To mask the effects of a poor intercooler.... is one reason.

I've got data that shows inlet temps over 160 deg at 21 psi without alky..... and below 50 deg with alky at similar conditions and the same boost. This was using C16 race fuel. I like the 50 deg inlet temps myself. This was with a well known front mount i/c. I could only imagine what the temps would have been at higher boost levels.... ?? over 200 deg would not be a stretch.

Tuning for alky and race fuel is no different than tuning with alky and pump gas..... except your margin for error (or as Razor says... the length of the fuse) is probably a little more forgiving.

You can tune for anything.... just as long as you take your time...and you are consistent.

To mask the effects of a poor intercooler.... is one reason.

I've got data that shows inlet temps over 160 deg at 21 psi without alky..... and below 50 deg with alky at similar conditions and the same boost. This was using C16 race fuel. I like the 50 deg inlet temps myself. This was with a well known front mount i/c. I could only imagine what the temps would have been at higher boost levels.... ?? over 200 deg would not be a stretch.

Tuning for alky and race fuel is no different than tuning with alky and pump gas..... except your margin for error (or as Razor says... the length of the fuse) is probably a little more forgiving.

You can tune for anything.... just as long as you take your time...and you are consistent.
imagine what the temp is for us OE Duttneck IC guys?????

I started to mention that in my post... that the SLIC guys would even benefit more.

Bottom line is.... some use alky for octane (alky has higher octane than pump gas) and cooling.... but you can just use it for cooling.....it takes a little different midset.... but can be done.

I started to mention that in my post... that the SLIC guys would even benefit more.

Bottom line is.... some use alky for octane (alky has higher octane than pump gas) and cooling.... but you can just use it for cooling.....it takes a little different midset.... but can be done.
you and post #4
i am going to try this on my next outing (race gas & ALKY) especially since i have no clue, i need every bit of a safe run as possible.

When I was dyno testing the 6265 after I made a couple back to back pulls at 32-33psi the intercooler inlet pipe was so hot I blistered one of my fingers after touching it a few seconds after a pull. I'd imagine the outlet temp to be 550-600*. water would have boiled on that pipe. The air inlet temp was in the 60's as well as the ambient temp.

Back