Racetronics Fuel Pump Vent

TURBOTWIN2

ASE CMAT L1
Got my Walbro 340 fuel pump kit with the hot wire. Good looking stuff. Came with no instructions, same as a couple of other guys here have said, but looking at their excellent photos on the website, I was able to figure it out. I installed it and NO FUEL PRESSURE. Verified hot and ground at the connector and sufficient fuel quantity. Had to pull the tank back down to troubleshoot. What I found was that the hot wire (red) that plugs into the connector on the bottom side of the unit was in the spot for the fuel sender (purple wire). I didn't check that it was in the right hole, it looked correct with a quick glance and I transferred the purple sender wire into the other hole. I also didn't check to see if the pump pumped before installation or pressure and volume test, nor resistance of the windings on the pump or run a current ramp test on the pump or check the micron capabilities of the screen BECAUSE I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THAT! I really enjoyed doing the job twice. With over twenty years as a certified professional auto technician, I don't need any practice. Thanks. Vent over.

Just did the Walbro/hotwire harness a few days ago and the same thing happened to me! Fortunately for me I figured it out before I put it all back together. Only reason why I caught it is because the metal lock tab on the sending unit assembly is on the opposite side of what their instructions show and the connector was cocked on there. It definitely didn't look right. Like you, I swapped the pins as well as moved it the other 2 empty slots on the connector so it would sit straight when connected.

Racetonix, if you're out there:
You guys make a high quality harness, but you might wanna change the instructions to have you check the 4 pin connector for correct placement of the wires (red to gray, purple to purple).

Just a suggestion- In future kits, you might want to ship the 4 pin connector without the red wire inserted and have the user pin it as required. Maybe different year sender assy's had the metal lock tab in another spot? Has anyone else had this problem?

This stuff must only happen to people in Bexar County (San Antonio), I'm in Helotes, Maybe the Mustang gremlins are switching the wires when the package crosses the Texas border. LOL. Glad you got yours figured out the easy way.