Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Alright looking

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Find something else

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I just got these rims on my car, and after much trouble, now I'm not sure I like them. They started off as ARE Torque-Thrust Ds in chrome, then I had the spokes custom powder coated black.
2 pics attached, one up close, the other from a distance of the whole car. See what you think and let me know.

Attachments

• Side-view-wheels.JPG
    Side-view-wheels.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 456
  • close-up-rear-wheel.JPG
    close-up-rear-wheel.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 392
2QUIK6 said:
I just got these rims on my car, and after much trouble, now I'm not sure I like them. They started off as ARE Torque-Thrust Ds in chrome, then I had the spokes customer powder coated black.
2 pics attached, one up close, the other from a distance of the whole car. See what you think and let me know.

You should have left them alone.

yeah, they just didn't turn out how I thought they would. I may try making one of the spare center caps black to see if that changes anything..
As far as size, there not much tire selection in the 16" world, and 17" rims start to look too big, this car is mostly driven at the track lately so 15" is good for better traction.

2QUIK6 said:
this car is mostly driven at the track lately so 15" is good for better traction.
That's sorta what I figured. Me personally, I like big wheels...more into the corner carver thing than 1/4 mile.

I like them bigger too. and I can say from personal experience that they'll look better with black center caps. I tried mine both ways.Bigger

Adam

they aren't terrible, but I would have gone bigger also!

ZR1/SS wheels with black spokes would be awesome, I love my black chrome ZR1 wheels...look polished during the day and gunmetal at night.

HYBRIDT said:
I like them bigger too. and I can say from personal experience that they'll look better with black center caps. I tried mine both ways.Bigger

Adam
What kind of wheels are those? Hard to tell from the pics, they look nice with that color scheme.
I also found the ARE make a flat style center cap, I may try one of those black as well.

They're ARE Torq-Thrust II's (CL205s) with the center powder coated black. 20X8.5 front and 20X10 rear. I had an extra set of polished center caps since my winter wheels (now) are 17's and I tried both centers and the black ones made a big diference. I did leave the allen screws silver to brake it up just enough.

Adam

I prefer larger wheels also, but these look pretty good as is. I'd leave 'em just the way they are. :cool:

They don't look that bad. Seems the trend is for bigger wheels but I am still running 15's myself. TT2's polished. One suggestion, it would probably look better if you lowered the car a couple of inches.

Don't let people sway your opinion. If you like them stick with them. I really like what you did. It's unique and tasteful and fits the theme of the car very well. My choice would be for raised white letter tires to give it a more period look.

To me, big wheels other han GNX rims look REALLY bad on a GN. In fact your rims are about the only aftermarket rims I have seen that look good on a GN
Thumbs up! Hard to improve on the factory mags IMO, but I like what you did.

I have to agree with lieu910.....Makes the car stand out and gives it the old school look. Of course I like the old school look and it's only my opinion ! But considering you had a vision of what your car should look like, and you followed through with all your effort......trust your gut and not what everyone else says. I say drive it around for awhile and get some face to face opinions. I like it !!!!

Thanks for all of the opinions.
I had the stock rims on the car for the 14 years I've owned the car, and thought it was time for a change.
I set out to create a unique set of rims as I don't like having a car that looks like someone else's :) to your point Lieu.
My first choice was ARE 200S wheels, and they already make one in black chrome, but they didn't come in the size I wanted, these are 15x7 and 15x8.5.
I also wanted a classic look wheel, not a modern style wheel like Simmons, etc although I do like the look of some of the modern type wheels, but wasn't the look I was trying for on this car.
As mentioned, this is for straight away drag racing, so no lowering and low profile tires, I have several TAs to do road rally racing with, which is my next project car to tear apart..the 95 TA.
Hybrid, yeah I was wondering what you did with the allen screws, I think they make some black chrome lug nuts as well, but I'll try just the black center cap next leaving the screws and lugs silver/chrome.

I'll post back what they look like with one of the caps black in a day or so.

JT90005Black.JPG

Just as long as they're not THAT big :D

I like the look myself and was actually planning on putting torg thrusts on my GN. Although I do have an old pair of ET IIs sitting in storage, just need to sand and paint them.

I like'm but as was said before, they need to be bigger. 16x8 is a very common tire size and a nice compromise between too little sidewall for good traction and too small a wheel to fill up the wheel well.

i like em. :cool: I would paint the centers black possibly. I am considering getting my spokes on my 17" tt2s powdercoated a dark gray or black. Not sure if im willing to yet though