Ready for another race at Farmington??

Race event

hey Clint

i have a suggestion to go along with Banas and Tiano. The 7.50 class would be great but not limit it to just a stock apearing turbo. I have a TE-34 with a garret housing. Can there be a way to limit the turbo size for the class? I know that you can get upto a 62 series turbo in a stock appearing housing. I hope that maybe there can be a limit on turbo size to keep the cars competetive.

a) Stock blocked drivetrain
b) Full weight
c) stock turbo- te-34 -ta49
d) maybe a modded Intercooler (stock location)
e) full exhaust with aftermarket Downpipe.

I think that wiith those rules you could include some other cars that maynot look excatly stock.

as far as this race goes...

there will be no more changes, however, that could definately be looked at for the future

rules, rules, rules
next time Clint 5 simple rules 1) 109 block
2) run
3) what
4) you
5) brung
I know this gets alot of people upset, but people pay to see fast cars. the faster the more exciting ! have a bracket class for the slower cars (if people would participate), but what people need to understand is the folks that put there hard earned $ into there cars should get a chance to earn a nice payout like you are offering.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
rules, rules, rules
next time Clint 5 simple rules 1) 109 block
2) run
3) what
4) you
5) brung
I know this gets alot of people upset, but people pay to see fast cars. the faster the more exciting ! have a bracket class for the slower cars (if people would participate), but what people need to understand is the folks that put there hard earned $ into there cars should get a chance to earn a nice payout like you are offering.

I agree... any stock bodied TR with a 109 block.:D

Actually I think like to watch good racing and some limits should be in place to keep things somewhat close. Stock Block, Tranny, Rearend, BODY and a turbo size limit seems to make sense and use peer teching.

When we started this little event before it moved to Farmington we made it a TSM event to take advantage of the TSM "hoopla" and to get more people interested.

I mean what's more exciting than a final like this:
http://www.personal.ecu.edu/sls0317/tsmfinal03nats.wmv

S.

weather channel says 79deg and %30 chance of scattered afternoon showers. So far so good!!!

Anyone from S.C. driving up Saturday morning? I'll be leaving from Greenville between 6:30 & 7:00am.

a bunch of us usually meet at cracker barrel off of exit 36 I-77. I will post time later when I confirm with everyone if you want to meet us.

Sully

OK it is going to rain up there sat. so change the date to sunday!!!

I have a 109 block that wants to race really bad!;)

Weather channel is calling for 0% chance of rain, partly cloudy with 65% humidity with a high temp of 84 degrees. Take that for what it's worth. Sounds good, now let's see if that is what we really get, lol.

BA

What time are yall meeting at the Cracker Barrel ? That is if we dont get rained out?

Just checked the weather and it looks great :) 8:30 didn't you get my email?? I will tell the hostess the name is Sullivan so you can find the table.

Steve

Sounds great! About the email, that was my work email and I cant access it from anywhere but from the office computers. I'm on the road most of the day. But anyway, I'll see yall in the morning...j

Had a Blast!

After 17 years of owning the car, I finally made my 1st pass in the GN. All runs were made on FULL weighted Ttop car, radial tires, street chip and 22 lbs of boost. Depute pass was a 7.95, 2nd pass 7.89. Time to launch this puppy hard, tried to leave on 10 lbs of boost, smoked the $hit out of the tires, only ran an 8.40. Last call for passes, ran a 7.77. Needless to say I’m very please with the car's 1st appearance at the track. O2’s were in the low 800’s all day, no need to press my luck 1st time out. Best 60’ was 1.74 with mild boost launches and top mph was 88 mph. It has been a long time a coming and can’t wait to do it again. Like to thank Joe Tiano for all his help getting me there. :D

getchasum---Real good 60' times on radial tires. Were those drag radials or street radials? What stall converter?

Originally posted by Look Quick
getchasum---Real good 60' times on radial tires. Were those drag radials or street radials? What stall converter?

Tires are 255/50/16 Drag Radial, hardest I could launch them was about 5/6 lbs. Wish I would have went with a 15" wheel, so I would have a larger tire selection. Converter is a n/l Art Carr 2800 stall. I know that's slow to alot of folks, but I'm please to have busted a 12, car's 1st time at the track. Maybe next time at the tack it will be an 11 sec pass, Joe's about to pull another rabbit out of his hat.;)