Real GNX?

I saw this car for sale last year on ebay it is said to be gnx #11.Lets take #165 for example that car has mods.But it might be a real X
Regards NCTYPHOON kid

I figure if he's gonna say it's a gnx he'd say it was a gnx. It's definitely a nice car, but in the end of the day it's just a modded GN. We'll see where the auction goes. I'd probably buy it!

The vin number put it after the production on the GNX builds (not an X)…it is a nice looking car. :biggrin:

the guy doesn't claim it's a real GNX. his first few sentences makes it pretty clear it's a clone "...all the right parts in all the right places....just like at ASC McLaren..."

although he could have spelled it out and used the words "clone" or "copy", I don't think the seller is trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Although I think he may be giving himself too much credit by saying "just like at ASC McLaren". I doubt he went through all the extra work ASC did. I would be willing to bet those flares are the readily availble screw-on type versus original ASC pieces which require cutting the fenders to install, just as an example. It doesn't look like it has the correct turbo shield either, but it's no big deal. He doesn't even have it listed as a GNX, it's listed as an '87 Buick Grand National *as it should be*. Looks like a really nice "driver" clone to me. Calm down guys, the sellers wording could have been better, but not everyone that builds a GNX clone is looking to scam someone. ;)

and if it was a real gnx nobody in thier right mind would put a roll cage in it...

I figure if he's gonna say it's a gnx he'd say it was a gnx. It's definitely a nice car, but in the end of the day it's just a modded GN. We'll see where the auction goes. I'd probably buy it!

One of the previous owners claimed it was a real GNX.The car was in Maine 5 or 6 years ago.I've seen it several times.
Oh yea,I called BS on the guy from Maine when he claimed it was a real GNX.:D

Rearend cover does not have the 3 digit number on it, so its probably a Kirban repro set up.

probably
-give him credit for not taking shorts and leaving it off though..

repo quality is outstanding.
the cover is stronger than stock (holds 20000 psi more before breaking)and
its 100% interchangable plus totally correct in design right down to the exact number of welds and weld placement:cool:

I am sending a message to him asking what number the car is.

His answer will tell us which way he is trying to go.

;)