You can type here any text you want

rear brakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wb's87

willrock
Can anyone tell me what is the best, cheapest way to upgrade the sock rear brakes to hold more boost? I have heard of people doing things with the s-10 parts. I have no idea what year parts are beneficial or compatible or if there are better ways. Please help me!!!

IME the S10 rear wheel cyl swap locks up teh rear tires in panic braking and wet road stops.

Dont do it IMO

If you convert to hydroboost youll have all the holding power you need plus some....

This is a link to the system I bought..

10-12 BOLT REAR DISC BRAKE WHEEL KIT (RWBK1012) - Performance Online

I looked at the Baer system for the rears and for $1300 they charge about $600 more than I put mine together for. The only difference that I could really see between the set I got and the Baer system was that they had the Bear E-brake cable setup for our cars is bolt-on. My set has the same PBR calipers, and drilled and slotted disks as the Baer Sport Track at a little over $600.

It made sense that for much less than the $600 I saved I can get the proper ebrake setup from some other vendor or at the very least fabricate something up that make my Fbody ebrake cables work.

Here is a pic of the Baer Rear brakes:
track-rear-image.jpg

And mine:

P1020655.jpg

P1020658.jpg

True, but......

IME the S10 rear wheel cyl swap locks up teh rear tires in panic braking and wet road stops.

Dont do it IMO

normally everyone runs a larger rear tire, which will supply a little more traction and help to avoid lockup, I ran the S10 setup for yrs and never had a problem (but never in the rain)
so my suggestion? use caution, as with any modification.
oh and I'm not a fan of hydro boost, just my opinion.

normally everyone runs a larger rear tire, which will supply a little more traction and help to avoid lockup, I ran the S10 setup for yrs and never had a problem (but never in the rain)
so my suggestion? use caution, as with any modification.
oh and I'm not a fan of hydro boost, just my opinion.

thank you all for the responses. now i have alot to think about. i would love to go to 4 wheel disc. unfortunately this years budget is almost all used up already. i am going to look into the hydroboost. i have heard of it but don't know anything about it. will probably end up going the s-10 route. my stock break system has been trouble free.

Back