You can type here any text you want

Rear coil overs...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

I built my el camino about 8 years ago and don't recall there being a "bolt on" read coil over set up and I wanted the best, so mine were welded in. I want to do my grand national with some nice suspension and I see QA1 now sells bolt on coil overs for the rear. Any difference as far as performance or reliability? It's a street car. Both are 550+ rwhp. (The elco is 950 on spray)

Looks awesome!!! Just food for thought. I was instructed by TRZ Motorsports to reinforce the upper perches of the strut tower. Although you welded in a different mounting position, I would add some more gussets to give that area more strength. In stock form, the spring isn't around the shock. With the spring now being around the strut it places a lot of load on the top of that perch. I was informed when I did my coil over conversion to make sure I reinforced that area, because it would rip it right out on a hard launch. Better safe then sorry. All the best with your project.

There are also RideTech coil overs which are Bolt in plus they relocate the shock for better articulation. They have a Million mile warranty as well...

We are an authorized dealer and offer TB.com member discounts...

@ttypewhite I don't track any of my cars. They are just for fun. More of a for show / dyno queen. I don't suspect any insanely hard, wheel pulling launches on the streets. Haha but sadly, you are the first person to tell me that, and with the mini tubs and high RWHP and TQ on the el camino with a frame notch - I'm surprised nobody ever said anything about that to me. Thanks!

@scot w. - I'm on a quick break at work right now. (My patients are stable and being good) haha. I'll take a look into what you guys have. I know my weld on coil overs were adjustable for ride height - I'll have to see if yours or the QA1's are since it looks to be a different set up.

Back