rear end shifts side to side ???

speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6
recently i have noticed when hit gas rear end feels like shifts to the right then let off gas pedal feels like rear shifts back into place .have tightened every bolt in rear end .have ssm control arms air bags pinion snubber .bfg DRs .car hooks just feels like axle walking on me . anyone else have this problem ??? any help ??? kind of feels like baaad torque steer ...

I had that problem one time and it was because the factory bushings were worn.

I see you have SSM bars. Upper as well as lower? Any factory bushings at either ends of the control arms? Also, your torque boxes are not breaking loose at the welds?

Good luck.

all bushings new that is what i thought to but still doing it .i will ck brackets make sure welds ok .i read on another post a guy with ssm had broken brackets 2 times .i will ck them. if u can think of anything else let me know i will check it .thanks alot

Another thought; I have heard that the anti-roll bars (for drag racing) go a long way to get rid of that rear shifting effect.

Last thought; If you have a mix of radials and bias ply between the front and rear, you can get a reaction between the radials and bias ply (non-radials). Its a rear shifting/wiggling feeling. A friend of mine with a Regal T-Type put Mickey Thompson drag radials on the back of his car, after running Hoosier Quick Time Pros for a long time, and his car is now steady as a stocker. He's always run radials on the front.

Let us know what the fix is.

i have wondered about the tires i run bfg DRs 28"x10 with wrinkle walls .could it be tires squirming ??? i also noticed the tail shaft on trans is loose noticed seal leaking .went to replace seal and shaft had over 1/2 inch of play .is at tranny shop now getting new bushing put in .trans guy said that could give alot of play and even change pinion angle .said it could possibly make rear end shift .when get back to my shop im gonna lift it and ck control arm brackets and make sure everything is tight .gotta race tomorrow .well thanks guys any other ideas will be helpfull . Blaine

i do have a sway bar ,also upper lower control arms air bags pinion snubber .only does it in o/d .like i said over 45 mph the slightes movement of gas pedal ease in it shifts to rt let out shifts back to left .could it be trans related ????

I have the same problem in my monte. I have the ssm bars as well. I thought it may be the tires, I have radials on the front and et streets on back, so i put some radials on it and it still happens. checked all bolts bushings, can't figure it out.

I had the same problem with my GN this summer. Felt like something was loose. Put the back of the car up in the air on jack stands using the frame for support. Slide a floor jack under the differential and raise/lower the rear end. Watch the motion. Mine went up on pretty good angle towards the drivers side. The stock upper control arm were causing this (Bad bushings)
Replaced them with new uppers and bushings, problem solved.

I see you have new bushings, but this might help diagnose whats goin on.

Good luck