You can type here any text you want

Rear Fender Flaring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Has anyone played with the rear fender flare? Not as much as a GNX flare, but something in between. If anyone has pics, please post them.

Don, there's a thread in the for sale section to rent an Eastwood fender flairing tool. Go take a look and see if there're any pics. Neat tool but this guy bought it so he could dohis and decided to rent it out for the rest of us. It does a nice job too.

Don, there's a thread in the for sale section to rent an Eastwood fender flairing tool. Go take a look and see if there're any pics. Neat tool but this guy bought it so he could dohis and decided to rent it out for the rest of us. It does a nice job too.
I've been checking that thread out. Neat tool.
I'm looking for something more on the lines of a fender pull. Not just rolling the inner lip up. Will this tool do more than just a minor flare? I've been studying some accounts of the tool on the internet and haven't seen anything much more than a small fender flare. I'm wanting to pull the lip out about 1".

Yeah that eastwood roller isn't going to actually flare the sheet metal. Not sure how you would go about that.

The only way I could see you doing this is to cut the lip off and making/welding a new lip in it's place. Or you could cut into the lip at certain intervals and weld v shaped pieces in to get the look you want. I concidered this on an old road car I used to race. Never did it though

If you look carefully at the Len/Freeman car, the rear fenders are pulled. I just wonder how it was done.

The only way I could see you doing this is to cut the lip off and making/welding a new lip in it's place. Or you could cut into the lip at certain intervals and weld v shaped pieces in to get the look you want. I concidered this on an old road car I used to race. Never did it though
I think this would be the best way to do it. Maybe more than one V.

Back