You can type here any text you want

rear sump 20 bolt oil pan ?????????????????????? anyone know if they were made?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttaowner

has there ever been a 20 bolt rear sump oil pan made by anyone? and if anyone knows of one for sale with pickup i could use it for my lc2 chevette

chevette2.jpg

chevette... holy crap, that was my first car haha. I actually ended up racing it through the desert like a trophy truck and when it eventually broke I left it there lol... good times

notch the crossmember and/or slide the engine back as far as you can.. if Hot Rod can get a 500 Caddy into a Chevette, there's no excuse for not being able to get a 231 V6 into one.

notch the crossmember and/or slide the engine back as far as you can.. if Hot Rod can get a 500 Caddy into a Chevette, there's no excuse for not being able to get a 231 V6 into one.
so i guess i should notch the steering rack too since it sits right where that fairly small crossmember is. i also have a little pride in my work and prefer not to hack up the car. it may fit without a diffrent oil pan but im just curious if i had a option of using a diffrent pan.

Might need a custom oil pan. If you cant find a local fabricator let me know, I can build one for you. If you can't make the stock one work scribe the pan where it needs to be clearanced and how wide you can go to try and add more volume if need be. Take it to a fabrication shop and have them make the needed mods. You can also use cardboard and duct tape to mock up a new sump. You can go shallow and wide for more ground clearance, too. Any fabrication (chassis shop that builds race cars) shop should be able to take care of it for you if you don't have the tools or abilities. But if you are installing a GN engine in a Chevette...............you probably have the skills required.

Back