You can type here any text you want

rearend question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

leprcon

I love burnouts
any one have any good luck with moser c-clip eliminators i am trying to do this once and i heard they leak as far as the rest iwas thinking 30 spline with a eaton posi and richmond gears Yes/no any input would be awesome

I made that..

any one have any good luck with moser c-clip eliminators i am trying to do this once and i heard they leak as far as the rest iwas thinking 30 spline with a eaton posi and richmond gears Yes/no any input would be awesome

mistake 1 time. Won't use that stuff again.
1. The brg carriers are a bastard design, that requires they be pressed off w/ special tooling, in order to get at the seal. [The seal is a bastard too. They refused to give me a pt#] The dr side seal lasted just long enuf to ruin a brand new set of shoes..[As in 1 day.]
2. I called, and was IMMEDIATELY told I didn't install them correctly. That alone:mad:
I made the tool, and took it apart, the o'ring OD seal was cut in a million little pieces, and the seal was bent up. The brg was pressed into the bore without a chamfer on the edge...:rolleyes:
3. I was charged for a seal, and the frt. The idiot on the fone claimed that since I would not ship the axle back,[at my cost], I'd have to buy the parts.
4.I machined the brg/seal carrier, and put it back together.

First, and LAST time to deal w/ those a$$holes.:eek:
The other kits I've purchased are Strange Engring. At least, if the seal goes "tango uniform", U can change it out.:cool:

Just my experience.. Others may have had better??

I would only go with the tapered roller bearing c-clip elminators from strange. However you have to buy strange axles for another $350 Or they won;t fit. I decided to stay away from the 8.5" money pit and went ford 9", costly, but i didn;t want any c-clip leaks and hassles, and high blood pressure like Chuck.....:eek:

Back