You can type here any text you want

Rebuilt PowerMaster-Missing Check Control Valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rjg1987gn

I recently purchased a Cardone rebuilt PM and discovered a problem. The pump motor ran for more than 20 seconds.. I followed the diagnostic sticky (as well as the installation sticky). I removed the line from the MC to the pump and discovered the check control valve was missing. Will this cause the motor to run more than 20 seconds? Also I have heard thru the grapevine that most of the warranty issues with Cardone rebuilts are the check control valve- am I the first with a missing one???

If anyone has had this issue how did you resolve it eg did Cardone send a check control valve or did you have to return the entire unit?

Thanks
Rick

You pulled the retainer out to find no disc behind it? The check valve isn't the first thing you see when you pull the hose connection.
Seems to me if the check valve were missing the motor would run continuously.

You pulled the retainer out to find no disc behind it? The check valve isn't the first thing you see when you pull the hose connection.

Turbo Dave,

The first thing I saw in the MC port after pulling the hose connection was a concave round piece with a hole in the center. It was far back in the port and was stable. I was going to try prying it out however was told it "should just pop out after removing the line because spring loaded". What does the retainer look like?
Thanks
Rick

Turbo Dave,

The first thing I saw in the MC port after pulling the hose connection was a concave round piece with a hole in the center. It was far back in the port and was stable. I was going to try prying it out however was told it "should just pop out after removing the line because spring loaded". What does the retainer look like?
Thanks
Rick

That concave round piece is the retainer I referred to. I've never had one just pop out. I've had to pry them out. I have a special little pick tool that has a small 90 on the end I can get through that hole and pull it out.

That concave round piece is the retainer I referred to. I've never had one just pop out. I've had to pry them out. I have a special little pick tool that has a small 90 on the end I can get through that hole and pull it out.
Turbo Dave,

Thanks. Pryed the clip and removed the check control valve. Cleaned the control valve and put it back in. Brakes worked fine however brake light stayed on as well as the pump motor. I called the company I it purchased from and they said it probably is a stuck control valve in the motor. I would void warranty if I took apart the motor. Sending entire unit back for re-do.

Hopefully I will have a working unit in time for Buick National Meet in Charlotte.

Regards
Rick

Charlotte? You mean Burlington, right?

Turbo Dave,

I guess one can only hope --I sent the unit back yesterday--April 23 and the National are May 2-5--I sent a request to the seller maybe they will take pity on a poor ol North Carolina boy.

Back