You can type here any text you want

Recommend a cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alex L.

• 55# injectors
  • Armstrong 93/110 chips
  • Armstrong dual-pump fuel setup
  • TE63 turbo, .85 hot side
  • Powerstroke FMIC
  • TBPT standard build tranny
  • TBPT pro-torque 9.5" convertor
  • self-built 3" exhaust
  • external wastegate

I'm aiming for mid 10's to start.

• 55# injectors
  • Armstrong 93/110 chips
  • Armstrong dual-pump fuel setup
  • TE63 turbo, .85 hot side
  • Powerstroke FMIC
  • TBPT standard build tranny
  • TBPT pro-torque 9.5" convertor
  • self-built 3" exhaust
  • external wastegate

I'm aiming for mid 10's to start.

210/215 full throttle revolution x roller cam kit. this cam really pulls hard

stock heads? Any strengthening to the bottom end? If your on stock heads and internals and wanting a roller I would stay on the smaller 206/206 -206/210 range as higher rpms are just asking to hurt stuff. If you have ported irons and have strengthened the bottom end or what not I wouldn't hesitate to run a larger 218/218 or 215/220. I have experience with the 215/220(my dads 87T) and 210/215(my GN) from FT with morels. I wish I would have gone with the 215/220 in my own car. There is no driveability issues with the larger of the two and it pulls well all the way to 6000. Both cams are pretty quiet for a roller as well.

210/210 110 lsa billet roller with bowl ported irons and stock size valves at 17psi all the way to 6400 rpm:

23xv9zn

So I should be avoiding non-roller cams?

YES!!! it will be worth the money if your going to put money into your motor its only makes sense to put a roller in it..building a motor and putting a flat tappet back in it is like having 80 year old whine with a mc donalds burger for dinner

if both cams have the same specs u might see a little performance from a roller bc of less friction but its all about saving your motor...rollers will last way longer

i hope im right with all this...but im sure someone will correct me if i am wrong

I have seen both last. I have seem both fail. I have had 3 flat tappets fail. No roller problem except a chip in the gear that did not cause any issues. Id go roller if it were up to me.

I haven't had a problem with it, trying to avoid a rebuild.

If compression is good then Leave it Alone!! Just get a timing chain.
It will runs 11's & thats all you get with no cage anyways. Just some good tires, & chip & tanslator & powerlogger & guages & etc. ;)

OR

Look at ALL the threads with people wondering why their fresh build just broke & how many bad machine shops there are. Now if you truly want a 10 sec build then open the wallet & send motor to a good builder here, buy Champion heads or equal, get a properly built tranny, do the rear end, do the susp & brakes, add a cage & again OPEN the Wallet for tools to tune it or have it tuned & learn so you can maintain the engine & tune.

Speed costs $$$ so how much you want to spend??

If compression is good then Leave it Alone!! Just get a timing chain.
It will runs 11's & thats all you get with no cage anyways. Just some good tires, & chip & tanslator & powerlogger & guages & etc. ;)

OR

Look at ALL the threads with people wondering why their fresh build just broke & how many bad machine shops there are. Now if you truly want a 10 sec build then open the wallet & send motor to a good builder here, buy Champion heads or equal, get a properly built tranny, do the rear end, do the susp & brakes, add a cage & again OPEN the Wallet for tools to tune it or have it tuned & learn so you can maintain the engine & tune.

Speed costs $$$ so how much you want to spend??

Great AND honest advice.... Did he mention you'll have to OPEN YOUR WALLET???? :D

I concur...I run low 12's high 11's on a regular basis and I haven't even changed the converter yet. I meet a lot of Buick guys at the track too that have this or that built by so and so and they are running right with my unopened 109 wondering why they can't break 120mph. All have said the same thing though...if it runs well, leave it alone! "Nothing but this and that wrong....since we opened it up" unless you have a known good builder do it right the first time, leave it, or spend the money for the known good builder.

Great AND honest advice.... Did he mention you'll have to OPEN YOUR WALLET???? :D

Thanks! I Forgot to mention that part!! ;)
I would go crazy if I added up every penny for parts, shipping, other's labor (when I didnt know how & had no forum like this) my labour, my mistakes & fixing them, new gadgets that were worthless etc. etc.
Since 88 the oil changes alone are $1K I bet!

Seroiusly, add valve springs & a Power Logger with timing chain & leave it alone besides a new chip & maybe fresh injectors.
There, I just spent $1500 for you on Good Parts!! :)
Add a Translator, Maf & sticky tires & BAM $2K spent!

I've got the two Armstrong chips and 55#'s for it. Springs are on the agenda.

I'll be doing this car myself and am going to avoid machine work for the imminent future. Whatever the car does the car does, I just want to build something I can call my own.

Hi Alex
Sounds like a cool car
What's your time frame on completion?
It would fit right in THS for Bowling Green in October!

I'd like to make it out. Worst case I throw together what I have and cruise over.

Back