You can type here any text you want

Red Armstrong double pumper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

Is this just 2 regular 255 walboro pumps or is something done to them ? That is what I have in my car now and just wanted to know. Thanks

Is this just 2 regular 255 walboro pumps or is something done to them ? That is what I have in my car now and just wanted to know. Thanks
This is Reds pump design. Not a walbro anything. There are many mods done by Red to the pump before being assembled. Any further questions about them contact me directly.

It also depends on the vintage of the pump if you are referencing used. That said I have used and installed at least 10 of these over the years and currently have one in my car now........they work very well when properly installed and wired.......9.90's at 135+ and not even close to being out of pump......

And RC personally tests each one at his shop before they go to market.

I've had these in my car for many years. For the last 3 years my car has sat unused because of engine build. Because of this,these pumps sat in 5 gallons of E85 that was in my tank when I removed the engine. I'm now up and running and the pumps and fuel filter are working as they did 3 years ago. I never even inspected them. I also use the original (including the original rubber sections) supply and return lines. Because I run E85,I need 30% more fuel. These pumps move a lot of fuel and have a long history of reliability. My car has 177,000 miles on the odometer. I know,E85 is very corrosive,Red's pumps aren't rated for E85,a paper filter is a no no with E85,you must replace E85 with gasoline during long periods of non use,and E85 will eat the original rubber hoses.

Ahhhhh! the things we absolutely know that are absolutely not so.

Back