You can type here any text you want

Redline BMX 1982 Old School For Sale!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tomcatturbo

I have a really nice Vintage 1982 Redline BMX Bike for Sale

It's a 1982 Chromoly Frame and it's in mint shape! Here's what it has:

Vintage BMX assembled from mostly NOS parts.

Some mid school parts included to make it complete, but mostly old school.
I love this bike as it brings back lots of memories

1982 102b frame
MX-II Forks
Viscount Aero seat
Race Inc. Post
Crupi Bars
Diacompe lever and brakes
Tuff IIs
Comp3 type Kendas
Pro neck chainwheel
Profile / GT Cranks

Would make a really nice Christmas Gift for yourself or your little one. It's packed up and ready to ship.

Oh, I'm sorry- almost forgot Price and Shipping. If you buy it from me on the Forum here, it will be $425.00 plus $50.00 Shipping which will be $475.00 total Shipped. I paid more than what I'm asking for this bike and it's really quite a nice piece of Redline history.

You can bid on it if you'd like on Ebay or buy it from me off Ebay. I just listed it on Ebay today as well. You can do a Buy It Now Option as well if you'd just want to end the auction sooner...

Redline4.jpg

Redline2.jpg

Redline3.jpg

Redline1.jpg

I keep my eye out on Hutch Trick Star's still. I want to build a pink one for my daughter, she can have a bike just like daddy had as a kid, LOL.

I loved the Hutch Trick Stars back in the 80s... Really nice and $$$ as well.

This 1982 Redline I have here is mint and looks like it was kept in a time capsule.

I had one when I was a kid, I rode it around the neighborhood even after I was driving.... those were the days:D

I keep my eye out on Hutch Trick Star's still. I want to build a pink one for my daughter, she can have a bike just like daddy had as a kid, LOL.

I have a Hutch pro star F&F, but it was the race bike. dk stem and Profile sealed BB, no cranks, spindle wheels etc etc... I think there is a set of GT bars on it and seat/seat post.

BMX was the love til I got into cars, I raced BMX from 85 -97.....never thought it'd be an olympic event. Cant wait to see Beijing '08!!

Damn, I used to have a Redline with the Profile cranks too. Had the Bulls Eye sealed bearing wheel hubs and the plastic spoke rims that flexed..can't remember what they were called.
I sold the frame around '82 or '83 and bought a Mongoose Pro Class frame...only kid in the hood to have a Redline everyone was getting Hutch's or a Race Inc's aluminum frame.
I probably have some Stu Thompson memorabilia around somewhere in a box in the attic :D

I still have 2 bikes from the early-mid 80s. One is an Elf frame/forks/bars, bullseye cranks, arai rims, hutch mag/titanium hubs, Uni seat (ouch) etc. The other is a Diamondback that is set up a little more for trick. I still get out and ride them. That's the good thing about being 5'6" and 140 lbs, I can still have fun on a 20" bike in my 30s. I really liked the Redlines with the painted frame and chrome forks.

Man, it's nice to know I'm not alone in here. There are other BMX "Radical" fellas around, and back in the day, this is what we used to love. I still love it.

I guess it's an 80's thing....

Here's a few better pics of my 1982 Redline that's For Sale:

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0062.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

That thing does look like it was in a time capsule! Mine are in pretty good shape, I cleaned mine at least once a week back in the day. I rode my bikes at least 6-7 miles a day on top of trail riding, so they have a few more scuff marks. If I didn't come home bleeding, I didn't have fun!

semi related side note;
I guess most of you all here know our childhood dream is here 20 years later, 2008 Beijing summer Olympics will have BMX. Look up on "you tube" for some preliminary race footage. These dudes are so fast now. (search Beijing BMX)

I had a Hutch Trick Star with lavender Skyway mags. Beautiful bike. Broke the Skyways, added Peregrine mags. Broke the forks...put on a pair off of a Haro sport. Never rode the same after that. GT Pro Performer was my fave of all the bikes I've had. I know a guy from school that supposedly still has a cherry Trick Star with Green Mags. I need to find his number...:cool:

Still have my Schwinn.

I still have my schwinn sting with the "tri oval welding" Sugino 3 piece crank, race inc. handlebars and a redline neck. My bike was the "one in the window at Rudys here in Chicago. That bike set my old man back 400 bucks way back in the day around 85 or 86. I still remember my mother blowing a gasket when he brought that bad boy out on my birthday. Man was she :mad: ! That bike was stolen and I saw it about 3 weeks later with my dad. Finally caught the gang bangin punk administered the beating of all beatings and had to spend 200 to put it back to the way it was. Never was compensated--oh well at least I can pass it on to my boy.

I still have my schwinn sting with the "tri oval welding"
The Schwinn Sting..I'd forgotten about that one. GT Pro too...My hood was littered with BMX bikes, Hutch, Redline, Sting, GT's, Race Inc, and my Pro Class goose...everybody had to have something different back then. I only remember 2 people having Hutch's and Sting's at the same time....
Now everybody has these old Buick turbo car's...so much for being different these days :D

This is an interesting thread. I have a GT Mach 1 at my parents house. Complete with a set of 401 flight cranks. Frame is a little too small for me though, my knees can hit the bars on a turn.

Damn, I used to have a Redline with the Profile cranks too. Had the Bulls Eye sealed bearing wheel hubs and the plastic spoke rims that flexed..can't remember what they were called.
I sold the frame around '82 or '83 and bought a Mongoose Pro Class frame...only kid in the hood to have a Redline everyone was getting Hutch's or a Race Inc's aluminum frame.
I probably have some Stu Thompson memorabilia around somewhere in a box in the attic :D[/QUOTE

ACS Z-RIMS . THEY WERE THE BEST BACK IN THE DAY. I cant believe this bike thread came up. Just filled up the tires on the quadangle tonight and went around the block. My buddy picked up an RL20 last year and that bike was brand new. never ridden:eek: he would not tell me what he paid for it .probably 1200 or more.

I had a set of the ACS Z 48s with the freecoaster thingie where you could go from a freewheel to coaster brake. They were cool but weighed a ton! I'd put it on C-brake and go downhilling with old Tioga comp pool street slicks... :-D

BMX RULES!!!

My favorite bike as a youth was my Race inc with 20" x 1 3/8 wheels, which got stolen by some punk-ass ghetto kids while I was inside a store.

I now ride a Staats 24" Cruiser which was owned by Brandon "Moose" Nicholls. He won the ABA Grandnationals in his Pro debut. He won both the Pro A and Pro Cruiser classes. It is the same cruiser he raced and won the Pro Cruiser class.

I bought a GT mini-bmx with 20" x 1 1/8 wheels for my 6 year old daughter so she can ride at the beach with me, but she doesn't really like it. She wants a 20" Hello Kitty mini cruiser...:confused: :eek: :( :mad: ... go figure?!!?

Back