Repro Rear Filler Panels

Glenn_A

.....man, I admit I've been away from the Turbo Buicks a few years and getting back in by waking up my GN sitting in the garage, but I just saw the prices on REPRO rear fillers for 200 bucks:eek:, and REPRO Grille's for $300:eek:. I tried to tell myself that maybe I'm looking at NOS, but I wasn't........still can't believe it....I guess I'm just naive....

hello peoples; I feel the same way about prices of things for our cars and the specialty of them. Like someone have said something like after you spend money for a while it seems to get easier.
IBBY

Get FG repros..."Originals" cracking is more a function of time rather than exposure & how much would you know about time-history of "Originals" you would be purchasing? I've seen originals go from good to on-the-ground over a 4-5 month period...I'd sure want to know mfre date of the "Originals" before I parted with $400-800 for such...

fillers

yeah, that was my educated guess as well.....the Originals are still at least 20 years old in the box, just like the ones on the car....and then you don't know where the Originals were stored prior to you buying them....coulda been in some hot-ass attic for the last 20 and when I finally get em they crack up anyway from being "unfolded" in a cold climate.....I still can't believe repro's of any item is so high. I'm well aware of the associated costs like clearance from GM etc, but still....I bet it the actuall costs are very minimal per unit and then being sold at like 2,000%. My business thinking is you sell 'em for 100 a pair and sell 3 times as many in quantity or the grille's for example.....what a sticker shock there for repro's. Again sell them at a significantly lower price and more of us regular guys would buy those grille's....sorry, but just venting at the greed that has finally hit our hobby like all the others. For what it's worth, I got a front pair from Brian at G-Body and utilized some patience knowing that they were not going to be a perfect match, and with little effort, they lined up perfectly when done.....

yeah, that was my educated guess as well.....the Originals are still at least 20 years old in the box, just like the ones on the car....and then you don't know where the Originals were stored prior to you buying them....coulda been in some hot-ass attic for the last 20 and when I finally get em they crack up anyway from being "unfolded" in a cold climate.....I still can't believe repro's of any item is so high. I'm well aware of the associated costs like clearance from GM etc, but still....I bet it the actuall costs are very minimal per unit and then being sold at like 2,000%. My business thinking is you sell 'em for 100 a pair and sell 3 times as many in quantity or the grille's for example.....what a sticker shock there for repro's. Again sell them at a significantly lower price and more of us regular guys would buy those grille's....sorry, but just venting at the greed that has finally hit our hobby like all the others. For what it's worth, I got a front pair from Brian at G-Body and utilized some patience knowing that they were not going to be a perfect match, and with little effort, they lined up perfectly when done.....

Remember that we are a Small Market!! I am just happy we have guys investing in our rides!

Doesn't some outfit on E-bay sell the whole set in FG for $225? I thought I saw someone post a link and information on here in the last few months. I thought the $225 was a decent price for a nice gelcoated reproduction set.

Found it: http://www.dankoreproductions.com/

Reproduction Front & Rear Filler Panels

if you can find them

Or, you can wait until Richard Clark & X Ray have their repro's available. I understand that they have teamed up together and are working on this project already. Hope they're available in the near future. With both these individuals driving this effort, you know these will be done right! :biggrin:

Use the search button to find out more. :wink:

dave

Or, you can wait until Richard Clark & X Ray have their repro's available. I understand that they have teamed up together and are working on this project already. Hope they're available in the near future. With both these individuals driving this effort, you know these will be done right! :biggrin:

dave

I would wait for them if at all possible.

dave

From what I read on here that project has been put on the back burner. I hope not.

I'm waiting on a set from GBody Parts. $235 for front/rear. Anybody have an opinion on the fillers?