Reproduction Window Sticker!

Yankee John

Attachments

• my_window_sticker.jpg
    my_window_sticker.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,892
John.....been reading your other posts on the Repo window stickers and just now placed an order with Bill!! I got a copy of my invoice from GM Media Archives the other day and finally found out where my car was purchased. And now i'm going to have the closest thing to the original window sticker. Just wanted to thank you for your help and if mine comes out like yours, i'll be pretty stoaked! Have a great one........

Ken

My $0.02. it is still incomplete....:eek: no ramp code and no build # and no "SOS=6" text.

For a couple of years now I have been trying to share with everyone all the steps necessary to get all of the info possible on their reproduction window sticker.

All the details are listed step by step in previous posts. I last linked those steps to the thread "Research original owner / dealer information" which is just a few down on the page.

I hate to see guys spend a few bucks on something that is incomplete. Maybe a moderator will make the steps I outlined a Sticky so that information is in plain sight for future reference. :smile:

Arista5 on the board use to do these years ago. Maybe Mike will chime in where he was getting them done.They looked pretty good.

I requested these on my window sticker. Hopefully it comes through with these on there. I'll let you know when I recieve it.

Ken

Hi Ken,

If you asked Bill at Triple A Enterprises to put that info on your sticker, he will. I think the only piece of data he won't do is the part # for the window sticker form itself that was located in the bottom right corner. Each model year had a different part # for the form. That # is like a GM trademark thing.

The template he has and the fonts he uses are right on. The only thing lacking is that the vast majority of folks ordering a repro. window sticker do not know what information was on the original and where they can find it.

Unfortunately, Bill won't ask you what ramp code you want (probably because he is a Vette guy and doesn't know all the details about the different codes - but he does know that most were "PP") and he may not remember that the build # is on your SPID label. He'll generate a sticker that is as accurate as possible with whatever info you supply to him. But he is not going to ask you if you have this or that piece of data.

One more thing I have noticed is that in the gas mileage information window, the city fuel economy mileage on all his stickers are "9" and "25" when it should be "09" and "25" to be dead nuts accurate.:cool:

Thanks for the info Anthony! I will contact Triple A and see if they will help me out in correcting my window sticker.

Strange thing though, I did do a search here and didn't pull up your posts about window sticker accuracy!?!? If I had found them, It would have saved me some hassle.

Thanks again!
John

Hi Ken,

If you asked Bill at Triple A Enterprises to put that info on your sticker, he will. I think the only piece of data he won't do is the part # for the window sticker form itself that was located in the bottom right corner. Each model year had a different part # for the form. That # is like a GM trademark thing.

The template he has and the fonts he uses are right on. The only thing lacking is that the vast majority of folks ordering a repro. window sticker do not know what information was on the original and where they can find it.

Unfortunately, Bill won't ask you what ramp code you want (probably because he is a Vette guy and doesn't know all the details about the different codes - but he does know that most were "PP") and he may not remember that the build # is on your SPID label. He'll generate a sticker that is as accurate as possible with whatever info you supply to him. But he is not going to ask you if you have this or that piece of data.

One more thing I have noticed is that in the gas mileage information window, the city fuel economy mileage on all his stickers are "9" and "25" when it should be "09" and "25" to be dead nuts accurate.:cool:

Anthony, I assumed Bill would know about the ramp codes, and the build # on the SPID label. My mistake. I just emailed him so hopefully he hasn't made it yet. I just ordered it yesterday. I also mentioned the '09' issue for the mileage. I'll let you know how it all turns out. I can't thank you enough for the wealth of information you supplied on this subject!! Thanks again.

Ken

Link to instructions for getting a reproduction window sticker...

For everyone interested, I am posting a link to my previous post that lists the exacting details to get the most accurate window sticker reproduction you can get. Many of us know that Bill at TripleAEnterprises has the template to do this. But there is some stuff that needs to be done before you contact Bill.

While I started the thread in an effort to help a fellow TB owner with his '86 GN, I drafted post #15 to summarize a ton of information about window stickers.

Again post # 15 in this link has the details. While this thread has 29 posts, please read the entire thread as many other pieces of information are contained in the other posts.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/248605-part-original-86-gn-window-sticker.html

I'll also post some pics of the other less common ramp codes I have seen. And I'll include one of the "PP" ramp code - the most common one. In addition to the ramp codes pictured, I have also seen "DI" and "NA".

Attachments

• 1987 GN WSticker HP437195.JPG
    1987 GN WSticker HP437195.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,405
  • 1987 GN WSticker HP460311.JPG
    1987 GN WSticker HP460311.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Window Sticker CX ramp code.JPG
    Window Sticker CX ramp code.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Window Sticker LF ramp code3.JPG
    Window Sticker LF ramp code3.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Window Sticker WX ramp code.JPG
    Window Sticker WX ramp code.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,253
Build sheets

Has anyone looked into reproducing build sheets,at this point? The sheets found under your seat,under your hood insulator,or in your door panel? I would be interested in seeing a few pics of these, if some one would'nt mind. I'd also like to see a few pics of an authentic Canadian car's window sticker.Thanks in advance. Dave

Has anyone looked into reproducing build sheets,at this point? The sheets found under your seat,under your hood insulator,or in your door panel?

I'd be interested in these too. If anybody has a scan of the big,big build sheet that was usually hog ringed to the rear seat than send it to the e-mail addy in my sig. I could probably figure out what the correct codes should be by analizing the build sheets and the information on the SPID labels I have. I have some build sheets from other models of G-Bodies but I don't have one for a TR.:(

Does anyone have a late-build '87 Grand National build sheet they'd be willing to share a high quality scan with me ? I recently bought a nice 59k mile, very original GN but have no paperwork other than the invoice I bought from GM Meida Archives and the door build sheet. I put together an accurate Window Sticker that I intend to send off to Bill at Triple A but would love to put togther a build sheet, even if I have to do some Adobe Illustrator work on it. Would anyone be willing to help out a fellow TB member ?

By the way, an interesting fact about my GN, the body was built last week of November (week D), the door build sheet is dated December 1 and the car was shipped on the 6th and invoiced on the 7th of December. Considering that Cutlass's, Monte Carlos and GNs were built on the line and the last car was built on the 11th, mine is one of the very last GNs built.

Bad Buick, Eric,

I started working on reproducing those broadcast sheets a while ago. I have not yet completed that effort. There are just way too many life events keeping me away from this hobby at this time.

I will try to finish up what I had started in reproducing both the department cushion room broadcast sheet (which was hog-ringed to the back of the upper portion of the rear seat) and the department room door pad broadcast sheet (taped to the liner of the driver's side door)

I'll post an update in a few weeks of the results.

Steve, replied to your PM.

The dealer invoice can be purchased fro GM Media Archive... here is current info...

Stacy Lillard
GM Media Archive Vehicle Invoice & Cadillac Collections, Chevrolet Restoration Kits at Allied Vaughn
Detroit, MI
ph. 734-462-5543 x.163
fax 734-261-5216
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT GM Media Archive & -GM PhotoStore

I'd be interested in these too. If anybody has a scan of the big,big build sheet that was usually hog ringed to the rear seat than send it to the e-mail addy in my sig. I could probably figure out what the correct codes should be by analizing the build sheets and the information on the SPID labels I have. I have some build sheets from other models of G-Bodies but I don't have one for a TR.:(

I didn't have one under the rear seat. Only the door

anyway to get a replacement build sheet?i know its off the subject.....:)
As far as reproducing the build sheet...

I had looked into this a few years ago and made some good progress. After defining the fonts and organizing my files of saved cushion room broadcast sheets and door broadcast sheets I thought I had something to make available to the turbo Buick community.

But the problem is the availability of the original style paper. The original documents were 9 1/2" wide by 11" long using continuous feed computer paper with non-perforated sides. That is the tractor feed holes used by the printer to advance the paper cannot be removed. That paper is no longer available. All the tractor feed 9 1/2" by 11" paper for sale today has the perforated side margins so that the tractor feed holes can be removed, leaving a clean edge 8 1/2" by 11" printout.

Since the original style paper is no longer available, I did not pursue this endeavor any further. It is interesting that continuous feed paper with non-perforated side margins is still available in the 14 7/8" by 11" size, but not in the size we need for the build sheets. I believe that sized is used for bookkeeping tasks.