Reputable Turbo Buick Shop around Madison/Milwaukee/Chicago? Have quite a project...

TylerZ06

GET LOW
Hi guys,

I have an 87 Grand National that I've had now for about 4-5 years. It started as a complete basketcase but now it's pretty much a new car.

Literally every nut and bolt is new, and the car has over 1000 hours of labor at a restoration shop. The body and paint is amazing, I did a custom Recaro interior and no corners were cut. Easily have $100k in the vehicle.

I grew increasingly upset with the restoration company because they just didn't know Turbo Buicks. They did a great job with everything but it just needs a few last things and I'm looking for a reputable place to finish this beast.

Here's what it needs:

The front spindles/control arms/brakes/etc were more for drag car I guess... meant to run skinny tires. I have custom CCW wheels for the car and it rubs bad in every direction. I have a brand new set of AFX spindles, adjustable control arms, etc for the front, along with a set of Wilwood 6-piston Corvette brakes. These need to be installed. All ordered new from SC&C.

The rear also would rub on bumps. I was thinking of doing a rear setup from SC&C too. I was thinking their nice "NASCAR" rear end, with a Watts-link setup and whatever coilover/springs that would work best. The driveshaft is a Denny's top of the line. Rear brakes would have to be converted to some sort of disc brake system with the new rear end.

Once that's done the car needs to be tuned. It's running a FAST system and an AMS-1000 boost controller. Also has meth injection. The car has only been driven less than 20 miles since it's been "complete".

gn1.jpg
gn2.jpg
GN3.jpg
GN4.jpg

There are a bunch of pictures of the progress of the car and stuff on my old blog. Keep in mind a lot of things have changed since these were taken over 2 years ago, but it gives you an idea of what I'm dealing with. http://tylerz06.blogspot.com

I'm in no rush and have too many different projects on my plate, but I'd like to have the car ready to go for next summer. I'm willing to trailer the car up to 500 miles from Madison, WI for the right shop.

Any suggestions???

I recommend Sound Performance in Chicago for the tuning. Cal Hartline has been known to come to SP to tune cars for folks. For this calibre of vehicle that's probably what you will want.

I have 3 tuning trips in the midwest before BG. If you would like me to tune it, give me a call on my cell at 321-863-2303 and I can tell you my schedule. Unfortunatly, I wouldn't be able to do the other work you need.

I have 3 tuning trips in the midwest before BG. If you would like me to tune it, give me a call on my cell at 321-863-2303 and I can tell you my schedule. Unfortunatly, I wouldn't be able to do the other work you need.

I was actually emailing you last year. Once I have the suspension and everything done I have no problem flying you up and just doing a private day with the dyno. I'm sure there's a few other guys around here that would join in if they needed.

I recommend Sound Performance in Chicago for the tuning. Cal Hartline has been known to come to SP to tune cars for folks. For this calibre of vehicle that's probably what you will want.

Think they would tackle the suspension issues?

I was actually emailing you last year. Once I have the suspension and everything done I have no problem flying you up and just doing a private day with the dyno. I'm sure there's a few other guys around here that would join in if they needed.

I look forward to it. Depending on timing, I may be able to save you the travel $$ if I'm already up that way.

The work on f body cars as well as mustangs. They are just known to specialize in Supras.