You can type here any text you want

reuse Alto band?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks, I appreciate that. I went round and round with the 2nd bands in the 125C 3 speed transmissions. They shifted to second by band application and that was the failure point every time with turbo 2.8. As you say, one hard slip and it is all over!

I hope my 4T65E holds up as-is but if it does not, I will be looking for the blue clutches.

One good thing about the 4T65E is the trans ECU should activate a warning lamp if the trans slips. I'm going to set the slip threshold as tight as possible to get the quickest warning.

Thanks,
David

Thanks, I appreciate that. I went round and round with the 2nd bands in the 125C 3 speed transmissions. They shifted to second by band application and that was the failure point every time with turbo 2.8. As you say, one hard slip and it is all over!

I hope my 4T65E holds up as-is but if it does not, I will be looking for the blue clutches.

One good thing about the 4T65E is the trans ECU should activate a warning lamp if the trans slips. I'm going to set the slip threshold as tight as possible to get the quickest warning.

Thanks,
David

The Z-pak and the other clutches blues and you can throw a lot of power at the 4T65E

Lonnie,I think you just gave me reason to pull my 3 trans out and change the band.:D

Seriously where is the Carbon band sold?

I had mine made. I see Jason has one so I guess someone else did to.

Are they considerably more than the Alto Band? When I get around to it I will probably buy 5 ,depending on pricing.

So we are talking $50 for a band that does not hurt the drum and you can slip it a little and it will live? If so it still sounds like a good deal.

Back