RIP Paul Walker

Real sad. The news talked with a guy who was at the charity and he said he heard the turbos spool up and then BAM, an explosion. Now that is the first thing I have heard that makes any sense at all, we know what happens when a turbo spools. The fuel tank is in the front on these twitchy GT cars, turbos spool, car goes sideways, hits tree in front and the tank explodes. What a terrible terrible thing to happen to anyone.
Mike

Rip...didnt Ryan from jackass die in the same model porshe? Gas tank in a frontal collision is not good

The carrera has sadle tanks. Its also a naturally asperated motor. Why people think they can improve a car designed to do 211 mph is beyond me.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This story gets slightly weirder all the time though.
At first it was at high speed. No duh.
Tonight - LA Po Po say they were observing the 45 MPh speed limit.
Does that crash scene look like a 45 MPH crash? The thing disintegrated - before the fire.
And it's carbon fiber monocoque.
Granted - wierd stuff can happen.

Then they say there was street racing involved.
Then no - no street racing involved.

The guy piloting this car was supposedly an semi-pro very familiar with this ill handling beast.
(These GTs have been called "Scary Handling" by even pros)

So - the story tonight was they were simply heading back at a leisurely 45 MPH and the car exploded - while wrapping itself around a pole.
Strange.
Although I think I know better.

The carrera has sadle tanks. Its also a naturally asperated motor. Why people think they can improve a car designed to do 211 mph is beyond me.

The same reason people try to improve ...ahem....certain cars...to remain nameless... designed to do 153 MPH....:D
I mean - umm...85 MPH ...because that's as high as the speedo went - so we know one would never go beyond that. ;)

Real sad. The news talked with a guy who was at the charity and he said he heard the turbos spool up and then BAM, an explosion. Now that is the first thing I have heard that makes any sense at all, we know what happens when a turbo spools. The fuel tank is in the front on these twitchy GT cars, turbos spool, car goes sideways, hits tree in front and the tank explodes. What a terrible terrible thing to happen to anyone.
Mike

Now that I can relate to.
Gotta respect the machine and know your limitations.

"Twitchy" is putting it mildly for the GTs

I seen that too on the news that they said they were going 45mph around a 15mph curve, That's BS! My Buick will do that no problem but that car can't? That's BS! If you look closely at all these pictures and what they show on the news you will see they actually took down a telephone poll or a poll of some sort BEFORE taking out that tree that they were wrapped around, and even then the tree was leaning over like it too was taken out. You definitely Can't do that kind of damage at 45!! more like 145 or more. Like some rumors spread there was no one trying to get out of that burning wreckage either, at those speeds they were most likely dead on impact of the poll Before they even hit that tree.

What pisses me off is the news media.... How come we never heard a thing about Paul Walker and what he did for people BEFORE his death? Why does it take a tragedy to finally find out how awesome someone was? Fu*@ing news is so wrapped up in telling us Bad shit all the time that all the good people do in this world goes unnoticed... Just sickens me....

I heard someone mention they were working on a stalling issue with that car. Maybe it started to stall and he hit the gas and it caught suddenly making it spin?

RIP Paul and Roger. Truly a sad event. Who knows what caused that car to lose control like that. Could have been something on the road. Could have been a shady patch of cold road and the thing unexpectantly let loose while going fast around a corner. I know my GN is squirrely as hell on the cold asphault and will get sideways at 60 on DR's right now. I have been more cautious when driving it since I saw this.

The same reason people try to improve ...ahem....certain cars...to remain nameless... designed to do 153 MPH....:D
I mean - umm...85 MPH ...because that's as high as the speedo went - so we know one would never go beyond that. ;)

These cars were an engine wrapped up in a metal shell. Designers designed it to do nothing but look mean. A $550,000.00 car is a whole new ball game. Apples to hand grenades.

I don't particularly care about how fast or what they were doing. I just know we are short two car enthusiasts. That sucks in my book.

All I can say is RIP to both of them and my condolences to their family. A accident that took to people much to young.

RIP Paul and Roger. Truly a sad event. Who knows what caused that car to lose control like that. Could have been something on the road. Could have been a shady patch of cold road and the thing unexpectantly let loose while going fast around a corner. I know my GN is squirrely as hell on the cold asphault and will get sideways at 60 on DR's right now. I have been more cautious when driving it since I saw this.

Indeed.
Gotta respect the machine.
And the darkness that lurks beneath.
I had the fear of god put into me last Christmas eve on GA 316, in a slight fog, (no mist or rain) and it went about 30 degrees out of straight at a 55 mph cruise when I jumped on it.
That really shook me - and woke me up.
And I respected it before that.

These cars were an engine wrapped up in a metal shell. Designers designed it to do nothing but look mean. A $550,000.00 car is a whole new ball game. Apples to hand grenades.

Yeah - but I still dig my hand grenade. ;)

However - I do believe the designers designed it to do a little more than just look mean.
I think the mean part was a byproduct of someone going slightly overboard with the Lamp Black 19.

What pisses me off is the news media.... How come we never heard a thing about Paul Walker and what he did for people BEFORE his death? Why does it take a tragedy to finally find out how awesome someone was? Fu*@ing news is so wrapped up in telling us Bad shit all the time that all the good people do in this world goes unnoticed... Just sickens me....
Because we also need to keep up with the latest meat dress Lady GaGa is wearing, how many guns George Zimmerman has, anger management issues with Chris Brown, What name Kim Kardashian picked out for her child, which NFL player murdered who, and which Un-real Housewife slored herself out to who....other than that - it's great.

Talk about irony i was in a porsche dealer and took a pic of a red 911 and posted on my fb the same day...

I just read that the Westboro Baptist "Church" is threatening to boycott his funeral.:rage:

I just read that the Westboro Baptist "Church" is threatening to boycott his funeral.:rage:

Who cares about those asshats? Everyone makes a big deal about when and where they show up, which inadvertently is giving them what they want....attention. Just ignore them until they go away.