You can type here any text you want

Rod Bearing Help/part 3

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

Whats Up Guys...as You May Or May Not Know I Had Some Bearing Issues Going On/so I Took It Apart And Returned The Engine To The Machine Shop...so Far He Is Telling Me That He Finds The Clevite Bearings We Used Are Not True To Size...he Says That They Differ From One Side Of The Bearing To The Other In Turn Made My Clearances To Tight And Ate The Bearing....ever Hear Of Such A Thing...he Also Says He Is Going Back And Forth With Clevite About This....he Will Be Fitting Fm Bearings To It Now...so What Do You Guys Think..vinny

i think i'd be asking why he didn't notice this when he was putting the engine together the first time..

Side to side? You mean from 1/2 to the other, as in top and bottom?
If so, he may have .001 under, or over brgs... Not uncommon to use one of the over/under 1/2's, along with a std shell, to get the clearance right.
If he doesn't know the diff, as Nova said... Find another shop.

......... In Turn Made My Clearances To Tight And Ate The Bearing....ever Hear Of Such A Thing...he Also Says He Is Going Back And Forth With Clevite About This.....vinny

Interesting he "made clearances to tight" and that ate the bearing, and he blames the bearing? And he is "discussing" this with Clevite.:confused:

What a load of BS.:mad:

In the years I have been doing Buick engines, have not seen a bearing ruined by too loose a clearance, but some that were trashed which were obviously too tight.

My opinion is that you are screwed, as this guy is blowing smoke, and he is NOT taking responsibility for his job.:eek:

We, like others, use many Clevite bearings and this situation has never been a problem before.

Interesting he "made clearances to tight" and that ate the bearing, and he blames the bearing? And he is "discussing" this with Clevite.:confused:

What a load of BS.:mad:

In the years I have been doing Buick engines, have not seen a bearing ruined by too loose a clearance, but some that were trashed which were obviously too tight.

My opinion is that you are screwed, as this guy is blowing smoke, and he is NOT taking responsibility for his job.:eek:

We, like others, use many Clevite bearings and this situation has never been a problem before.

Agreed!!

K.

i'd be taking it to another building unless he is doing the rebuild for nothing. and even then i'd think twice about it.

also, what's up with all the CAPS? :smile:

HEY GUYS WHATS UP...WELL FROM WHAT HES SAYING...THE ACTUAL SHELL DIFFERS IN THICKNESS IF YOU WERE TO MEASURE IT IN SAY 3 PLACES FOR EX. END MIDDLE END...SO IM GATHERING NO ONE HAS SEEN THIS BEFORE..NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT...IF HE TOOK THE MEASURMENTS BEFORE FINAL ASSEMBLY THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT....YES....MAN THIS SUCKS..:mad: ......

Let me get this right. You are saying he is NOW measuring the bearings that were ground up in the engine?:eek: And has found out that the bearings are distorted.:eek:

Back