Rough Idle TT Chip

moose

I have a caspers thumbwheel with TT program on #7 setting and it has developed a rough idle when on the TT setting when the A/C is on. Has anyone else had this problem? It idles fine when its on one of the caspers settings and use to do great on the TT setting:confused: I have always disconnected the ecm before changing to the TT setting so i guess my question also is, Can a program on a chip just develope a glitch like this?

Moose,
With the TT chip why would you use any of the other settings? I have the same caspers thumbwheel but can't decide if I would use any of my other programs. I think the valet mode could be simulated by using the TT chip at lowest possible timing.

I would think this would screw up your idle in all the thumbwheel positions, but check to make sure your MAF sensor is OK. Maybe try another known good one too. My car used to have one that I thought was fine (I believe it was probably from a Camaro or something; had the straight plug). Idle & WOT airflow readings looked good on the Scanmaster, but it always idled a bit rough even after installing a TT chip (non-thumbwheel chip straight from TT) and would never idle in open loop the way it should with the TT chip. It also had the tip-in stumble that it shouldn't have had with the TT chip. One day a friend of mine brought his stock TR MAF over to test it because he was thinking of selling it and his car was torn apart. We put it on my car and it ran the way TT had promised it would. I bought that MAF sensor from him on the spot. It had been de-screened, which TT's website states that one of the screens should be left in it so as not to screw up the calibration but it works so much better than my old sensor that I'm not sure I'm worried about that at all. Good luck.:cool:

I use the caspers #2 setting quite a bit for trips to save a little on gas;) No doubt that TT setting runs much better but also uses more fuel and its hard to keep my foot out of it that way which also uses alky.:eek: The car will idle bad rough after i change it to the TT setting but will only do it at crankup, i can take off up the road and clear it out and it does fine then, even at red lights it does fine after running up the road? I have changed from a 3400 to a 2800 converter, could this have any thing to do with it at idle since the TT program was programmed for the 3400?

Of course it runs better after having driven around a while. When you change settings the BLM's are to completely re-learn everything for the new setting you just switched to.

I know the BLM's have to update but does your turbo buick run rough every time you turn your A/C on after crank up? Mine has just started doing this, i can leave it on the TT setting and run it for days and still crank it and it runs fine even at idle every time until i turn the A/C on?

I know the BLM's have to update but does your turbo buick run rough every time you turn your A/C on after crank up? Mine has just started doing this, i can leave it on the TT setting and run it for days and still crank it and it runs fine even at idle every time until i turn the A/C on?

Just start doiing this? Or did it come with the chip? Maybe the A/C parameters in the chip need to be looked into.

It done fine for a long time and has just started doing this, ive been driving one of these cars for around 6 or 7 years and ive had some pretty weird problems before but never this? Seems like just when you think youve pretty much learned your car, it throws you for a loop. I have built this car from ground up with my own hands including the trans and engine so im not just totally dumb when it comes to mechanical but man im beginning to think i should take some more science classes!!;) Im not the greatest on trouble shooting.:rolleyes:

did maf sensor fix the rough idle and hesitation

i have a tt chip and i have a rough idle .just off idle, bad hesitation like stutter box.scanmaster reading okay, fuel pressure increases as throttle pressed . car ran good before i installed tt chip and alky.i have let the ecm relearn every time i adjust any sensor
I have a caspers thumbwheel with TT program on #7 setting and it has developed a rough idle when on the TT setting when the A/C is on. Has anyone else had this problem? It idles fine when its on one of the caspers settings and use to do great on the TT setting:confused: I have always disconnected the ecm before changing to the TT setting so i guess my question also is, Can a program on a chip just develope a glitch like this?

I just did 2 cars with turbo tweak chips and all i have to say it awesome both worked great idle good the customers are happy and Eric is the best great customer service you might wanna turn off the alky to trobleshoot. all mines worked great with no tuning 43 psi on the rail .

alky is turned off, still there is a hesitation at tip in. eric is great guy.i am not question eric product,just worring if maf sensor fix rough idle and hesitation thanks