rough idol and car cuts out

Tim Barnum

Of course, My scan master just quit. Anyhow my car starts just fine but it has a rough idol and it cuts out at light acceleration. It also cuts out under wot. It works fine under light boost like your getting on the hiway. I just changed the plugs and no different. Any thoughts? It's a stage 2 car with M&A heads, 67 turbo, 50lb injectors, maf translator, duel pumps, volt booster ect.

Bad injector maybe? Start the car and start pulling the injector harness off each injector one at a time. If the car runs worse that injector is working. After pulling one that does not change the cars rough idle that injector is most likely the culprit.

I would check the maf first, a light tap, w/a screwdriver handle, to see if the engine stumbles. If it does, the maf is going out. If ok, check your module for heat damage.

Thanks for the help. I just checked the maf and no change. I did notice it seems to be running real rich. So I checked the fuel pressure and it had 45lbs static. I turned it to 38lbs and it seemed to clear it up. What about on the top end. Would that make it stumble?

Check the hoses to the turbo . They come loose and or dry rot which can cause the stuble

Check the hoses to the turbo . They come loose and or dry rot which can cause the stuble

That may be the problem. It has a no hub plumbing style clamp on the turbo inlet. I already bought a silicone turbo coupling for it. I will install it and try again. Thanks

If you are running high boost levels, your spark gap may be too large and you're blowing out the spark. Might try .028"