Rubbing Alcohol To Pass Smog

I have a turbo tweak chip NOT sure if EGR is disabled, and No Cat. REALLY TRYING NOT TO HAVE TO BUY ONE :( . I passed everything but the NOX

The egr is disabled with the turbo tweak chips, when I ordered my turbo tweak chip I had Eric burn me an emissions chip. It is doubtful that you will get your GN to pass emissions with the egr disabled and no cat. See if you can borrow a cat converter from somebody to pass emissions if you don't want to buy a new cat.

I don't know the emission testing procedures you guys have to deal with, but I do know that ethanol reduces tailpipe emissions significantly. If you aren't set up for it, I wouldn't suggest going above a 20% ethanol blend. Also, especially in higher horsepower levels, if you aren't tuned for higher ethanol concentrations, I wouldn't go WOT with it. However, if you tune for it, you'll reap the benefits! :D Don't forget to make sure your fuel system is compatible with ethanol, and you'll be good to go!

See my post below titled "Legalizing the Hybrid". I used alcohol and it may have helped. I posted the test results as well.

I have a turbo tweak chip NOT sure if EGR is disabled, and No Cat. REALLY TRYING NOT TO HAVE TO BUY ONE :( . I passed everything but the NOX

EGR reduces Nox by cooling the combustion chamber tempuratures.
You probably won't pass with no EGR and no cat...

It truly works but you have to use the right stuff.

2 gallons of Denatured Alchy from Home Depot/Lowes to an empty tank will pass with flying colors. All measurements will be at least half of what they usually are. This is my way of sticking it to the man every year. I mean you will have the inspection guy wondering what the heck as it flashes pass on the screen.:eek: I've been doing this for the past 10 years or so with a hollowed out cat. I ran it through last week and it was helerious because the car would barely stay idling, surging back and forth. It will run like crap but will still pass so who cares...

After you put the Alchy in you will need to crank the fuel pressure up all the way to 75-90 or change your injector size in your program to a smaller injector so it will dump more fuel in. It takes twice as much alchy to burn as it does for gas so that is why you will need to fatten it up somewhat.

After it passes just run all the Alchy out and replace with 3 gallons of gas and run that dry also. Alchy is corrosive so I prefer to run it dry a few times before I add a full tank.

Forget anything else. 1 gallon would probably do it but It's fun to watch there faces as it passes.:biggrin:

It truly works but you have to use the right stuff.

2 gallons of Denatured Alchy from Home Depot/Lowes to an empty tank will pass with flying colors. All measurements will be at least half of what they usually are. This is my way of sticking it to the man every year. I mean you will have the inspection guy wondering what the heck as it flashes pass on the screen.:eek: I've been doing this for the past 10 years or so with a hollowed out cat. I ran it through last week and it was helerious because the car would barely stay idling, surging back and forth. It will run like crap but will still pass so who cares...

After you put the Alchy in you will need to crank the fuel pressure up all the way to 75-90 or change your injector size in your program to a smaller injector so it will dump more fuel in. It takes twice as much alchy to burn as it does for gas so that is why you will need to fatten it up somewhat.

After it passes just run all the Alchy out and replace with 3 gallons of gas and run that dry also. Alchy is corrosive so I prefer to run it dry a few times before I add a full tank.

Forget anything else. 1 gallon would probably do it but It's fun to watch there faces as it passes.:biggrin:

I agree with most of what you're saying.......but I really don't believe it takes twice as much alky compared to gas. But yes, I hear you, if you're tuned for gasoline, you will be running lean on alky. (as I noted above, don't go WOT)

It would be fun to see their faces!! :biggrin:

trbohead is 100% right about the denatured alky i do the same thing to my car i have a old 87 g body cutlass that would never pass i put in 2 gallons of denatured and about 3 gallons of gas the tank would be almost empty i would do this around the corner from the emissions place it would go thru and the wheels wouldnt even spin on the dyno and it would say fast pass and i have been doing this for the last 5 yrs

Is this where it would say "... your actual results may vary..."?
I added 2 gallons denatured to 7 gallons 91 oct. I actually turned the fuel psi down to about 35 due to high blms previous to any changes. My car ran fine and still pulled strong (no wot) idled well, etc. with a Turbo Tweak alky chip.

I would do the same thing right around the corner from the place. It works everytime. You guys buying chips dont waste your money. Do it once and be done.

at least we dont have to worry about this emissions stuff anymore in illinois.

ILlinois dumped its im240 test as of feb 1 2007. so 1995 and older cars are exempt. unless you failed before dead line. then you have to do an idle test to be exempt. they are only going to be testing obd2 cars 1996 and up.:biggrin:

ILlinois dumped its im240 test as of feb 1 2007. so 1995 and older cars are exempt. unless you failed before dead line. then you have to do an idle test to be exempt. they are only going to be testing obd2 cars 1996 and up.:biggrin:

Where did you read this? This is great news. They suspended my plates on my TTA. Been driving around with plates from 1998 for years now.

I am registered with envirotest. they sent me an air repair notice.it states and i quote.All 1995 and older model year vehicles that are in compliance are no longer subject to testing. in compliance means the vehicle passed a test or recieved a waiver during the most recent test cycleand is not currently scheduled for a test or is otherwise in compliance with the vehicle emmisions inspection law of 2005.exempt certificates are being issued at the test stations when 1995 and older vehicles either pass or are issued a waiver. vehicles that failed an im240 testprior to feb 1 2007 must still be retested but will recieve idle and gas cap tests instead of im 240 test. it says this on their web site but its hard to find on there. so the champion gn1 aluminums and bigger roller cam are on order:biggrin: but i will still obey all emission laws to comply with the law?

I found it on their site. Thanks. Now i just bought a gn from wisconsin. will i have to take the test?

You should not have to take test unless your car was plated before feb1 2007. then you will have to pass idle and gas cap test. if plated after your good . I still dont believe the state of illinois but they stated the amount of obd1 cars on road by 2008 are only going to be like 3% so its not worth keeping test stations with dynes open. because the state has to pay i believe 20 dollars per car. so they stated is was not cost effective to keep rollers going. they also stated at last seminar that there was other companys going to try to get contract for testing older cars. but it was dropped at that . the guy from state did not say another word and he got pissed when i asked him again. so for now will should be ok.

Jesse White suspended my plates. So now i am going to reregister my car for new plates. Will I have to take it? I also am going to register my GN that was titled in wisconsin. Same question, will that have to take the test?

Thanks
Chris