You can type here any text you want

S10 GN powered vs. Turbo Vette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
This is a conversation between me and a guy with a turbo vette I raced last night:

Vette: That truck is damn fast man we cant keep up with you what do you have in it?

Me: Just a V6 out of a Grand National.

Vette: No you dont dude stop bull****ting us!

Me: Take a look cause that wasnt a v8 spanking your ass..

Vette: HOLY ****! I will never underestimate that little v6 again bro! I just never encountered one that ran that strong.

Me: Yea, That was with a stock block and heads also.

Vette: Your lien now theres no way that it ran that fast on stock block and heads!

Me: Do I need to take it apart and show it to you?

Vette: I believe you, but thats insane. Im not racing you once you mod it a little more.

Me: Sucks for you man I got parts already in the mail for it!

Vette: Damn let me change my setup some then!

Awsome man. Nothing better than schooling someone on the power of the dark side. Vette boy's face:eek:

Vette: HOLY ****! I will never underestimate that little v6 again bro! I just never encountered one that ran that strong.

You should have said just be honest and admit you never ran one before. Then i would have said i never raced a turbocharged small block that ran like such a turd.

And the edjamacation continues.

Good kill.

Mikey

PS... At work is a guy with a nice dark blue (sounds stock) 2010 Mustang GT. He knows about the T and wants a race. Okay I'll bring it to work. Oh yea, he has MT's on it (I'm scared now).

So I bring the T and he brings his friggin pro stocker 90 Stang with the cage, four link, fat and skinny's and it will barely idle on race gas. I've seen it a few times in the parking lot but this is the first time I've heard it run.

He decides he doesn't want to race after all (not on the street). He says we have to set a date to meet some Wednesday at test and tune at G'ville. I ask when and he says I'll let you know when I get a Wednesday off. He knows I can run low 11's but he won't disclose his times.

I really would like to see that 90 go though, it does sound bad & healthy, I'd line up against it.

Mikey

And the edjamacation continues.

Good kill.

Mikey

PS... At work is a guy with a nice dark blue (sounds stock) 2010 Mustang GT. He knows about the T and wants a race. Okay I'll bring it to work. Oh yea, he has MT's on it (I'm scared now).

So I bring the T and he brings his friggin pro stocker 90 Stang with the cage, four link, fat and skinny's and it will barely idle on race gas. I've seen it a few times in the parking lot but this is the first time I've heard it run.

He decides he doesn't want to race after all (not on the street). He says we have to set a date to meet some Wednesday at test and tune at G'ville. I ask when and he says I'll let you know when I get a Wednesday off. He knows I can run low 11's but he won't disclose his times.

I really would like to see that 90 go though, it does sound bad & healthy, I'd line up against it.

Mikey

Fight fire with fire I always say...

There's more than one GN around that should give his prostocker a run for his $ and then some. Just iinvite the owner of said GN to line up as "your driver" in "your" car and let him have it.

My vehicle of war is a 99 S10 stepside with a GN transplant that weights around 2800lbs

That is what I am going for with my 73 Vega GT. Should weigh in under 2800 with roll bar when I am done. :D

My vehicle of war is a 99 S10 stepside with a GN transplant that weights around 2800lbs

That is what I am going for with my 73 Vega GT. Should weigh in under 2800 with roll bar when I am done. :D

A friend built a tubbed Vega but stretched the nose and put in a 500ci BBC. Bad a## car.

Pics when your is done!

Mikey

Friend of mine built a 73 Vega with an LS motor. Planned on turbo, but played with it N/A for a while. Decided its fast enough N/A, since its in the 8's
Started out mid 10's, got it down tuning all summer to the best of 8.91

Back