Scanmaster G and Powerlogger

strungout6

Got my Scanmaster G in today, installed it into the car. The com wire wouldnt work installed into the #7 slot of the powerlogger. So I hooked it up to the OBD orange wire and it works but it doesnt show near the info it should. Im fairly sure I dont have the correct/newest version of the PL. I got it in Feb from TT with my 6.1 chip. The Scanmaster instructions state to select the Scanmaster G from the PL settings. The only SM options in my PL are what to display ie..egt, wb, etc.

Is the bluetooth aldl app just straight fwd. Download the app, sync the device and go or is there a special file I need.

Hey Bob, received my SMG today, went to install and update my powerlogger. Updated with the file on the website, pl050, but comes up 2.5.0 and version 5.0. I ran the update on the G and saw version 1.0, now it is a blank screen and doesn't do anything. What should I do?

plc needs to be 2.6.0, I need to check the files on the web page.

PL050 will be fine.

once everything is updated, then on the F3 page in PLC, in Scanmaster Options, check the "Scanmaster G" option, and connect to the powerlogger to set the option in it.

Also, if you have a black powerlogger, there is a small hardware mod to enable high speed communication. You have to remove one small capacitor (you can just snap it off the board)

Bob

Is it better to connect the COMM wire from the gauge to the powerlogger board or is tapping into the ALDL wire just as good?

plc needs to be 2.6.0, I need to check the files on the web page.

Also, if you have a black powerlogger, there is a small hardware mod to enable high speed communication. You have to remove one small capacitor (you can just snap it off the board)

Bob

Exactly which capacitor? Is there a picture somewhere?
Thanks

CapacitorModForBlackPL.jpg

Is it better to connect the COMM wire from the gauge to the powerlogger board or is tapping into the ALDL wire just as good?

once you update the Powerlogger, and do the capacitor mod, it is way better to connect to the PL.

Bob

answered your PM, but the PL needs to be installed and the ECM needs to be powered in order to update it.

Bob