You can type here any text you want

Sce Copper Titans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

MY buddy is looking for a good head gasket that wont leak water into motor,,,,has anybody tried these.....THANKS

I just replaced my leaky Cometics with them. So far so good:) They do require a retorque which is kind of a pita.

I just replaced my leaky Cometics with them. So far so good:) They do require a retorque which is kind of a pita.

Did you re-torque once or do have to re-torque often?

Any special steps taken for install?

And how much boost have they seen?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Did you re-torque once or do have to re-torque often?

Any special steps taken for install?

And how much boost have they seen?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I just retorqued once after the intial warmup (per the SCE instructions.)

I had my Champion GN1's checked for straightness. The gaskets were put on dry. My setup uses head clamps and extra studs. So far I have run 21 psi. The car was dynoed right after I installed the gaskets. It did 565 hp at the wheels and did 10.3 @ 131 immediately after the dyno at the track. Tomarrow I am hoping to turn the boost up a lot. HTH!

I got them in 3.85 I think. That is as small as they come (more bore size is 3.82).

Went 9.9 today at 27-28 psi. No problems at all:biggrin:

Chris Hogeland has them on the TSM car. We ran it last night at 25# but they are beginning to push a little pressure into the overflow. The boost is low but it has a great set of heads on it so it makes good power at low boost. It went 6.15 at 114.7 in the 1/8. The car has RJC head clamps and studs. The heads have to be flexing enough to allow some pressure to blow by the O-ring in the gasket.

Anyone tried the Cometic Fuzions yet? I'm tempted to but then again I am a fan of the mechanical fuse headgasket blowing when you overbooste it vs cracking my production 4.1 in half.

Anyone tried the Cometic Fuzions yet? I'm tempted to but then again I am a fan of the mechanical fuse headgasket blowing when you overbooste it vs cracking my production 4.1 in half.

When I was at PRI this past Dec, I spoke with Cometic if they were going to make a Fuzion gasket. They said "No". The rings (fire rings) are too close in the Buick headgasket.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Meaning they can't fit the rings in because the bores are too close together on the 4.1 blocks?

Richie Kibler had the Fusions on his turbo SBC and blew them.

I have them one of my cars. More to follow after I tune the car and switch to my 70BB but so far so good.

Back