You can type here any text you want

Sce Copper Titans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
ive got them on my motor titans seem to be working well for me but i have a receiver groove in the head and oring in the block seems to work good so far im getting hook up issue handled so far my best pass 10.20s @ 134,mph on 24 psi but the problem was the 60ft 1.674 my car spun the tires all the way to 1/8th mile fish tailing it funny my buddy said it looked like a john force burn out and i was just trying to leave with 10 psi and up in smoke they they went but the sce are working for my engine

I run Titans with Champion irons and had no problems. I only have run 23 lbs so far but all seems well. New engine, 1200 miles, 30 1/8 mile passes. I have noticed a increase in coolant temp after my latest runs. I don't think it is head gasket related but I do have coolant boiling over to the overflow tank after a run but it has been 90 to 100 here for about a month. Car gets up to 200 to 215 sometimes but cools back down. Runs 185 to 190 on the street in hot weather.

i got a set of these from Weber Racing.. but this part # comes up for a Stage II and the gaskets have the extra head bolt holes.. Is this normal?

Just changed mine to cometics from the same thing as Dusty and cdsttype just described. Egg shaped #3,5,& 4 cylinders using the 3 extra studs across the top like KevinB has and RJC's head clamps across the bottom on TA aluminum heads. I'm almost sure it's from the copper being to soft.

3 extra studs across the top on a 109?? Please explain or show me pictures!!!:biggrin:

SCEs leaked water. Put on some cometics ... no leak. :confused:That worked for me nicely though. People have good and bad luck with both of them.Why is that? Surface prep...torqued wrong..not retorqued?

I didn't retorque after a heat cycle and didn't know I should have. I called and talked to Steve @ SCE.(after the fact,BTW:rolleyes: :mad: ) He says retorque after a heat cycle. Live and learn...

Extra bolt holes.

3 extra studs across the top on a 109?? Please explain or show me pictures!!!:biggrin:

My block is not a 109 so it had a little wider deck across the top for room to drill and tap the 3 top ones. I just had a welder build up the block above the area were the holes were tapped to give a little reinforcement. Head clamps across the bottom and 60lb's of torque on the 3 extra bolts seem to be working good with cometics for my set up but the SCE ICS Titans egged shaped on a few cylinders.

My block is not a 109 so it had a little wider deck across the top for room to drill and tap the 3 top ones. I just had a welder build up the block above the area were the holes were tapped to give a little reinforcement. Head clamps across the bottom and 60lb's of torque on the 3 extra bolts seem to be working good with cometics for my set up but the SCE ICS Titans egged shaped on a few cylinders.

I wonder if a 109 has enough girth for the extra? Im not against welding it to work

;) :o :o :frown:
I wonder if a 109 has enough girth for the extra? Im not against welding it to work

What i remember about the guys saying that have done it to the 109 was that they drill and tap for a smaller thread than the standard 7/16 size that our blocks have, this way there is enough deck for a bolt or stud. I'm not sure if it would work but it's what i heard.

Fasteners ?

Studs helping?

Felpro O-Ring (receiver grove) with Copper Coat (let dry for a week) and ARP Stud Kit, re-torqued a couple of times before matting the happy pedal.
Not any problems... yet, and if I do, I'll make no changes other than living with lower boost #'s . :rolleyes:

Dragging this thread back from the dead. :biggrin:

I have a set of heads that have been o-ringed for use with stock style head gaskets, no gooves in the block. Will this style o-ring work for the SCE Copper Titans? (not the ICS ones)

Back