SD2 Narrowband tracking poll

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Well, not really a poll, but I'm looking for a consensus. Those of you that might be running the narrowband tracking feature of SD2, when it's active during your normal street cruising, what does your wideband display????
I'm trying to track down what I think may be some kind of offset between my narrowband and wideband.

Dave. After finally getting my motor back together I'm turning on NB tracking this weekend and I will let you know

Dave, I just got this working so I don't have a lot of data, but I have mine set to track to 14.5 and the WB display was pretty good - between 14.3 and 14.7. I'll keep checking as I get more seat time.

Dave, I just got this working so I don't have a lot of data, but I have mine set to track to 14.5 and the WB display was pretty good - between 14.3 and 14.7. I'll keep checking as I get more seat time.

I'm afraid I have some kind of weird offset.
When tracking 14.5 my wideband stays in the low 15's. Installed a new sensor, that didn't help. I'm wondering now if I need a new controller? BTW, I remember it doing this even way back when I was running the Translator Pro.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

LC1's are very sensitive to the integrity of the ground. Check there first and ground it to the engine block if its not already

LC1's are very sensitive to the integrity of the ground. Check there first and ground it to the engine block if its not already
I know my sensor is grounded to the block. Guess I better check where I have the module grounded.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Mine is an aem. I had the module grounded to the body maybe 6 months ago, but it is grounded to the block now.

I moved the module ground to my under dash block point. Next time out I'll see if it helped any.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

I have found wideband AF discrepancies with both AEM and PLX gauges and the powerlogger, scanmaster readings.

I have found wideband AF discrepancies with both AEM and PLX gauges and the powerlogger, scanmaster readings.

That's not the kind of issue I'm having. My wideband, power logger, and scanmaster all agree. My issue is, when I'm in narrowband tracking, with a target of 14.7 for example, my wideband is indicating a full half Afr point leaner.
When I switch over to wideband tracking, it will track whatever target I set, and the SM and PL both display the same values.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Last edited:
The real question is which sensor is reading the correct value. I think the only way to know that would be with an expensive calibrated device.

Update:
I think I solved most of my offset issue. I moved the PLX controller wires to my aux. fuse panel for power and ground. I did this because my aux. fuse panel is grounded to the engine block, so now the controller is grounded to the same point the wideband sensor is grounded to.

The PLX controller WAS power tapped at a Pink/Blk wire at the ECM, and it's ground WAS tapped to a Black/Wht wire at the ECM. Ya, I know now, not the best choices.

So, now with a target of 14.7, and narrowband tracking active, the wideband is now jumping around from 14.8-15.2 in a regular rythm which is much better than the mid/upper 15's it was showing. So on average I've knocked the wideband error down at least 3 tenths.

Now, if I just squeeze a couple more tenths out of the offset error.

05-27-14 nb tracking.jpg

Oh, before you ask, this is what I mean by aux fuse panel.

100_0783.JPG

torque converter slip %, its calculated by comparing RPM to MPH using the gear dependent factors on the F3 page (they are in with the analog input adjustments)

Bob

Well guys, good news, sort of.... After borrowing a known good PLX controller, it verified that my PLX controller is in fact bad. So now, just got to save up for a new one. :mad:

This controller looks a lot better than the one I posted earlier in this thread:

NB with good controller.jpg

Last edited:
what version software are you running in the PL and PLC?

the narrowband stuff is enabled by setting the option to 2 (or add 2 to the number thats already there.)

then, any time your target AFR is between 14.6 and 14.8, the PL will close the loop with the stock O2, instead of the wideband.

Bob

Bob, I have you made a change? Mine is set to 14.5 and it is using NB tracking.

'87 GN 58K miles (rebuilt engine by Don Cruz at 47K), 6262 Billet Precision Turbo, Precision 60 lbs injectors, 206/210 Revolution X Roller Cam, Comp Roller lifters, Champion Iron Heads, Champion Ported Intake, T&D 1.65 Roller Rockers, 70 mm Hemco Upper Intake, 70 mm Acufab TB, PTC 10" TC 2800 Stall w/LU, Razor's Kit, ESP FMIC, B & M Shift kit, 3" GN1 DP w/46mm external wastegate, 2 3/4" Dual Magna flow exhaust, ATR Headers, 3.5" Kirbans Aluminium Driveshaft, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Spohn Boxed Rear Lowers, Spohn Rear Uppers, SD2 Chip, XP Plus Fuel Pump w/hotwire, Turbonetics Boost Controller, Scanmaster, Powerlogger, Hurst Line Lock, MT ET Streets 255/50-16