You can type here any text you want

SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
PL calculates boost based on the MAP sensor reading - the barometric reading. if the baro is off the boost reading will be off.

what kind of boost gauge, and does it read 0 when the engine is off? The PL should show very close to 0 boost with the engine off unless the baro is not right

Bob,
The boost on the PL is -.7 while the boost only gauge is 0 . I am leaning to the gauge being bad.

Bob, Can the Check Engine light be set to flash above a desired RPM like they do on that "other" chip?

Parameter 15 – Shift Light (Service Engine Soon light)
Turns on the SES light at a set RPM. The adjustment range is 0 to 255. Multiply the number by 25 to get RPM. If you set it to 200, multiply by 25 to get 5000rpm.

What is the intent of parameter 10 (Launch Spark Adder) and why is there a 2 mph limit on that? or can the 2 mph be changed?
WOT to 2 mph isn't a long time in these cars. I assume this adder is additional degrees of timing above the additional 2 degs that is already added in 1-2 above the baseline.

What is the intent of parameter 10 (Launch Spark Adder) and why is there a 2 mph limit on that? or can the 2 mph be changed?
WOT to 2 mph isn't a long time in these cars. I assume this adder is additional degrees of timing above the additional 2 degs that is already added in 1-2 above the baseline.

It's for launching only. Some racers have found benefit to adding timing during the boost building/launch phase. Yes it is added to all other spark advance.

Is the verdict in on what the best wideband is for the sd2?

There is no best wideband for the SD2. It doesn't really care what wideband you use.
For widebands in general, if using leaded race fuel, I would use the NGK Powerdex AFX. It uses a more durable, more lead tolerant sensor. Otherwise, PLX and AEM have worked well for most guys. There are other decent widebands though.

Eric

Hence the name LAUNCH. It's only for getting you off the line.

Oooops, sorry, I see Eric already answered .

Im going to play with the car a little tomorrow. I am getting extremely lean as soon as I floor the car for some reason. I added fuel from 128 in cell 6 to 138 , 140 in cell 7 and 144 in cell 8 and still very lean. Gonna check filter and verify FP at boost.

Attachments

Ok. The SD2 fueling goes to 255 instead of the older chips of 154. This explains why I was concerned about my numbers.
Here is a log that I came up with today after emailing Eric about the issue.

Attachments

Last edited:
there is no bin in that log,

you are running E85?

it definitely does not look lean, it looks more like mechanical noise from the 1-2 shift and wheelspin.

Bob

Im going to play with the car a little tomorrow. I am getting extremely lean as soon as I floor the car for some reason. I added fuel from 128 in cell 6 to 138 , 140 in cell 7 and 144 in cell 8 and still very lean. Gonna check filter and verify FP at boost.

this one is lean, look at the top row in your BLM table, it is being commanded lean. thats why it jumps rich so suddenly.

Bob

there is no bin in that log,

you are running E85?

it definitely does not look lean, it looks more like mechanical noise from the 1-2 shift and wheelspin.

Bob
Ya, I run E85. I tuned it so it was on the rich side for when I turn the boost up to around 23-25psi. The first log shows the lean fueling.

its the top row that is fighting you. you are commanding 16:1 then adding a ton of enrichment to overcome it.

set the top right 3 cells to 97, then you can tune it better.

Back