SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

the overboost scaling did change at one point when I was working out the details. I will investigate that.

on the backfire, I will review your log.

Bob
I did change the number to 50 psi just for shits and giggles and it didn't do any different with the boost. but as I think about it I don't think it backfired at all when I had the latest updates but still lost connection.

I just now verified that I am running the most current plc and s19 file . it has been recording for 30min+ without an issue with the KOEOff.

the overboost scaling did change at one point when I was working out the details. I will investigate that.

on the backfire, I will review your log.

Bob
Ok bob I found out the ignition control module was bad (repeated code 42) , changed that and all is good.
The over boost issue was fixed by changing the numbers to 100 100 and 0.
The pl still loses its connection tho. Could we try a different powerlogger?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

New update. Code 42 is back after replacing icm and coil pack, it is still giving me a 42.

Do i need a Tr6 perhaps?;)

Last edited:
I will give this stuff a try in a while. Thanks for the info.

Anybody with 120's and E85 care to share your injector offset setting? Just curious / comparison. I'm at 23, probably going to go a bit lower.

I think mind is 35.

But I have mind idling at 12.8 to 1 on the gas scale. Much leaner than that and the car surges badly because the injectors can't open and close fast enough.

Bob,
When I open my saved .Dat file away from the car.
I can't see my tables.
I get a PLC Error dialog box that says "Could not connect and no cal data currently loaded.
Am I doing something wrong?
I am using the new 2.5.1
Attached is the saved dat file.

Attachments

• idle 2 boost.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 95
  • idle 2 boost.dat
    51 KB · Views: 86
currently you need to make sure the key is on when you save the log, because PLC wants to read out a fresh copy of the tune to put in the log.

likely this is the issue.

Its on my list to change/fix.

Bob

then it should have saved the tune in the log (thats what the "configuring" popup really means)

Bob

New update. Code 42 is back after replacing icm and coil pack, it is still giving me a 42.

Do i need a Tr6 perhaps?;)

Look at pins on the ign module for one bent. I have seen this code and had one pin bent and folded back not making connection

What could stop AFR correction from working?

AFR correction will work briefly then sit on 0. :cautious:

Rick

No log. The next day it worked without a hitch. Not sure what was keeping it from correcting. According to the check box, it was in closed loop.

Question: What the latest stable powerlogger pro software? Erick's site shows 2.3.0. There is a 2.5.1 in this thread that's actually 2.5.0. Thats the one I'm using. 2.3.0 seems to be missing some things like af correction.

Rick

2.5.1 is the latest, current version. (yeah the internal version number is wrong, I need to fix that)

the PL has some control over the main chip's af correction, i.e. it can shut if off during dfco and when the narrowband closed loop is active. But as far as your situation, its hard to say.

I will check with eric and get his site updated.

Bob