SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

what cam is in there? your idle MAP has moved your operating point, so your VE is too high. redo the area where you are idling to be about 50 VE, and your tuning should get a lot closer.

Bob

thanks Bob.

It's a 215/220 cam. I'll put the injector offset back where it was and tweak the VE instead.

Also,
What's a typical % for the cooling fan compensation?

the cooling fan is a car-specific thing. my car likes 0% I think Eric is 3% or 4%

Bob

I can help answer most of your questions.
2 in option field
14.5-14.7 in the AFR table area you want it active. You set the rpm and kpa limits by how you populate the TAF table. I'll post mine and you can see what I mean.
Doesn't really work well for idle at all, so I set my idle cells to 14.3 which seems to work well. Some cars don't like it that lean.

Here's my TAF as of today:
Some may think it a bit aggressive but my car likes it.

View attachment 224557

Trying to tune mine some. Can you go as lean as 14.8? Mine will not go 14.7 it drops to 14.6 when I move to the next cell not sure why.

Badassfendercover.com

image.jpg

Trying to tune mine some. Can you go as lean as 14.8? Mine will not go 14.7 it drops to 14.6 when I move to the next cell not sure why.

Badassfendercover.com

That's odd, my TAF takble usually accepts whatever value I enter. You can try 14.8, every car is different as to what they like. Try it and see how it cruises at that value, it should work just fine.

That's odd, my TAF takble usually accepts whatever value I enter. You can try 14.8, every car is different as to what they like. Try it and see how it cruises at that value, it should work just fine.

I put 14.7 in the cell and when I hit enter and move to the next cell it changed it to 14.6 but if I enter 14.8 it locks it in. Very strange.... I even played with the VE table to see if that was affecting it but no difference.

Scratching my head on that one.....

Also my car did not like 14.3 @ idle it
Likes 14.0. .

TurboDave can you send me or post a pic of your VE table? I'd like to see how you have yours blended I'm still a little unsure on adjusting there.

I want to make some WOT passes but want to better understand the VE table tuning.
Badassfendercover.com

Last edited:
Another question:
Injector size calibration.....

Is this intended to be calibrated per the Heptane mass flow rating?
Or does it make more sense to use the mass flow for the actual fuel being used in the car?

Badassfendercover.com
or try 14.9 or 15, that might get your 14.8. I know bob fixed something similar earlier on with this just cant remember where it was.

there might be a rounding bug in that version of PLC. its not "refusing" what you are trying to enter.

I will look into it.

when doing the stock O2 closed loop, the actual afr will be controlled by the O2 sensor toggling. so it doesn't matter much as long as the stock O2 mode enables

Bob

there might be a rounding bug in that version of PLC. its not "refusing" what you are trying to enter.

I will look into it.

when doing the stock O2 closed loop, the actual afr will be controlled by the O2 sensor toggling. so it doesn't matter much as long as the stock O2 mode enables

Bob
Ok thanks I was thinking there was a magic window to be in for it to work. So as long as the car is happy we're good.

Badassfendercover.com

I put 14.7 in the cell and when I hit enter and move to the next cell it changed it to 14.6 but if I enter 14.8 it locks it in. Very strange.... I even played with the VE table to see if that was affecting it but no difference.

Scratching my head on that one.....

Also my car did not like 14.3 @ idle it
Likes 14.0. .

TurboDave can you send me or post a pic of your VE table? I'd like to see how you have yours blended I'm still a little unsure on adjusting there.

I want to make some WOT passes but want to better understand the VE table tuning.
Badassfendercover.com

Most of the changes I made to my VE table were in the idle and cruise stuff. Some changes, but not a lot of blending, some, but not a lot.
I have lately moved my idle Target into the 13.8-14.0 range. After finding out that I had a WB controller that had gone south (showing .5-.7AFR leaner than actual) I've had to make some changes.

6-18 VE.jpg

Bob, I have a question about the Fan Temp in the parameters tab.

as I have mentioned before, I do not have this motor in a GN so most of the wiring have been chopped up.

I am looking to get the fan temp setting to turn on the fan so I don't have to use the switch I installed.

right now I flip the switch on and that grounds the coil for the fan relay(I only have one) and fan comes on.

so what input/output/signal am I looking for? d2 on ecm? not sure what to do with it.

If you enter 14.71 it should save it as 14.7. Worked for me.

Swapping to NL converter, is there anything I need to change in the sd2 chip?
Shouldn't have to. But you'll see the engine spending time in areas of the VE table during cruise that it hasn't been before, so you may need to do some minor tweaking there.