SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

I'm Casey and the car we are talking about is mine. This voltage dropout has just started doing this recently. I put some atr headers and downpipe on the car and then the problem started occurring. I opened the hood one afternoon and noticed my orange wire plug was laying on the downpipe and had melted to the pipe. I removed the plug and replaced the plug on the orange wire with a male and female spade connecter. I thought that would have fixed the problem, but it didn't. It's a tight fitting plug so I don't think the plug is the issue unless you have to replace the orange wire plug with the same kind of plug. It tends to do it sporatically whether you're applying the gas, under boost or sitting with your foot on the brake. Kind of lost on this one.

Last edited:
I would put + cable from Casper s and see if that would take care of your problem , need to start somewhere , that's what I did after having electrical problems

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Maybe the …+ battery cable is burnt/touching the underside of the downpipe.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

I went with the longer Caspers positive cable to reach the smaller LT1 style starter. Worked out great, nice fabrication.

I guess that's possible. I haven't noticed it touching anywhere but I'll check it out and probably go ahead and order one. Mine is 27 years old...

Does anyone have a part number for that + wire?

Just installed the NB tracking in Casey's (87gnguy) GN. I believe this is an existing problem, but can someone help us diagnose the electrical dropouts that are occurring? See the attached PL file (frame # 573 for example). Thanks

Been having the same issue on a 16k original mile car. Changed damn near everything last thing we did was the field fix harness. Seeing if that fixes it. Not sure yet..

I already have the field fix harness installed.
Thanks for the part number. :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in about the SD2 chip and track experience. I have asked a lot of questions in here and got a lot of good info that I soaked up. We all know that the tune is where its at with these cars, so this is extremely important to get nailed. I am still tweaking a few little things out before I go really big boost with my car, but it is working well. I need to improve on my driving skills as all i have driven at the track is 11 second cars.
Here is a vid with a 1.71 60ft and 11.17 in the 1/4 @23-24psi at 18°

Well, my cutting out problem turned out to be my + battery cable. I was on my way to Steve's house (huntsg) to check it out and fix the problem when the whole car died while driving. I managed to coast it into a parking lot and call a tow truck. Car had NO power anywhere and found the burnt cable. Apparently it shorted out my battery too. Took about 30 minutes to fix and I'm just glad I didn't mess up something important. Thanks for the help everyone :D

Well, my cutting out problem turned out to be my + battery cable. I was on my way to Steve's house (huntsg) to check it out and fix the problem when the whole car died while driving. I managed to coast it into a parking lot and call a tow truck. Car had NO power anywhere and found the burnt cable. Apparently it shorted out my battery too. Took about 30 minutes to fix and I'm just glad I didn't mess up something important. Thanks for the help everyone :D

Good to hear the + cable fixed yours too , it does wonders when you get all that power from the battery .

Just downloaded new softwear update for flex fuel and ordered chip update. What flex fuel sensor do I need? How do I wire it to the MAF plug? What updates come with PLC2.3.0 ?

How is everyone hooking up the flex fuel sensor and which one is everyone using?

So the ECM can adust fuel/timing automatically based on ethanol content or is this more of a sensor to help you tune?

Eric can chime in on the sensor stuff,

with the SD2 ethanol tracking feature, you can use it either way. It can adjust the tune automatically, or you can use the readings and adjust manually.

Bob

It would Rock to have a sensor that could tell us what our octane was currently at. :)

Last edited:
Anybody with 120's and E85 care to share your injector offset setting? Just curious / comparison. I'm at 23, probably going to go a bit lower.

Big injectors are going to be sensitive to small changes in offset, what is your idle map reading and ve?

Big injectors are going to be sensitive to small changes in offset, what is your idle map reading and ve?

MAP 48-54kpa and VE 60%

Attachments

• black2014SD2_.dat
    747.8 KB · Views: 63