SFTBC track night

jsta6

John 15:17
We got six guys so far. We need at least two more, but an even 10 would be perfect.

It will come out to about $175 ea.

Contact me direct.

Roll call:
Shawn
Brad L.
Jeff
Brad B.
Roy
Orlando
Tony (you will have time to save up...)
Robert
TTA Mark
Alex
Virgil

Denied Access...

Regeretfully, I have to inform you all that I will not be able to attend. Unfortunately I am on a budget and cannot afford to shell out that kind of money right now.. My kid has to eat.. So.. have fun and hope that it all works out.. Sorry but home comes first and there just is not enought extra after finding out I am going to need a NEW TORQUE CONVERTER..

Tony

I haven't called yet. I will call tomorrow. Late april sounds like enough time to get ready.

I started a roll call of particpants in the first reply.

hey guys i'm in but i would like to take my 68 turbo camaro for more testing
let me know if this is okay with you guys

thanks

robert

thanks jsta6
you can count me in then
just let me know as soon as you have a date so i can make arrangements on my end

thanks again

robert

I believe we are looking at the end of April for this track rental. Email "jsta6" for the details.

Alex

would this track rental allow for some spectators? i would love to race, but as some of you guys know (alex), my tranny probably would not handle any boost over 16psi. but if no spectators are allowed, its cool, i just won't take off work.
kyle
p.s. alex i love how you posted your dyno numbers on the bottom. and whats the deal with the silver one, you know what i mean.

Update:

Unfortunately, my two sons and I were sick last week (while my wife was out of town). On top of that, this week I have a stomach virus. And today, I had to take my wife to the hospital with a really bad bronchial infection.

I will try to call ASAP.

I will see if the track will allow spectators. I don't see why not. The more the merrier I say.

no problem , i hope you and your family feels better

i'm going to immokalee 1/8 mile dragstrip on friday for some launch tuning,
never been there so we'll see how it goes, has to be better than moroso"one pass if your lucky"motorsports park:)

robert

Spectators...

Are aloud..(Kyle)...so it should be a good time for all(racers and non-racers)..jsta6..hope everyone feels better, and email me if you need help organizing this, i went through this once before with mark pona back in 2000 of January, but it turned out to be a blast.:cool:

Alex

immokalee dragstrip

hey guys , just to let you know i went to immokalee on friday for 1/8 mile testing,
this track is totally different from moroso , very personal and homelike atmosphere,
it felt like a saga bay street race, i even had the owner come out and express his appreciation for me coming to the track,
i made 5 passes in about two and half hours time
i wish moroso would someday be like this track , they care about the racer and not just the dollars

anyways , my transbrake broke before the first pass, so i had to foot brake the car, it ran a 5.95 @120 mph!
gotta get it ready for our day at moroso

later

robert

Re: immokalee dragstrip

Originally posted by 89TURBOTA
hey guys , just to let you know i went to immokalee on friday for 1/8 mile testing,
this track is totally different from moroso , very personal and homelike atmosphere,
it felt like a saga bay street race, i even had the owner come out and express his appreciation for me coming to the track,
i made 5 passes in about two and half hours time
i wish moroso would someday be like this track , they care about the racer and not just the dollars

anyways , my transbrake broke before the first pass, so i had to foot brake the car, it ran a 5.95 @120 mph!
gotta get it ready for our day at moroso

later

robert

Congrats. Robert, nice times!
Regards,
Jeff

Wondering, have we established a date for this yet and do we have a solid count of people that are in? Im trying to figure out when i have to have my car ready for this. Looking at a calendar the 25th(thursday) or 29th(tuesday) of April both look good to me. Also i have a friend that may be interested in particapating if we don't have enough.

Alex