shift points

stk6bngr

So I was looking at my dyno results today which im not to impressed with.

391hp with 458 lb ft of torque at 19 psi running a little to lean on the top end... Ive got supporting mods stock internal engine except for ported irons and stiffer springs and a pt54 turbo.

I noticed that my car is shift at 4500 rpm.... Ive got a 200r4 tranny built by brian h full billet rollerized tranny with a cz valve body only thing thats not billet is the output shaft.

Is this normal or is my car shifting to early? if so how do i go about fixing this?

thanks for your time.

i forgot to mention i have a 9.5 in ptc n/l converter 2800 stall from dusty that was built for a pt6567 setup

Why would you be disapointed with those results at only 19# of boost??

2800 stall built for a 6567? Hmmmm.

Not sure why yours would be shifting that early. Both of my GN's shift at ~5,000rpm WOT one is stock one is packed with billet parts.

turn the boost up. I doubt Dusty would spec a converter for 19psi. The shift rpm will increase as you throw more power at it. At 28-30psi id want it to shift around 5300-5400. Peak power is likely well under 5000 rpm especially with the low boost.

even with another 9psi of boost i don't think his shift points will be where he needs them. time to take some weight of the gov.

should i just take weight of gov or should i call chris at ck and get one of his valve bodies?

i would take weight off the gov myself, however wait for more replys and do your research.

What shift occurred at 4900, 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4?

Who installed your tranny? Do they or you know how to adjust the TV cable?

Have you talked to Brian about this?

I'd check a lot of things before I pulled the pan and started drilling and grinding on the governor.

Tranny fluid used and fluid level
TPS setting
TV cable adjustment
Line pressure from the tranny
AFR
Chip settings

Boost231 said to do some research and that is great advice. One of the reasons I own a GN is that I have learned a great deal about these cars over the years and had fun doing it. Not always fun but vast majority was fun.<G>

Keep us posted.

^ i agree with the above post. the reason i say i would pull weight is because i usally check all the above when i trouble shoot.

I installed the tranny at my dads shop, tv settings are where brian recommended them at. afr is pretty lean up top. I have a tt chip and i increased fuel to the max and still running lean up to so ive got to figure that out as well.

i havent had much time to work on my car due to work and a torn rotator cuff but im trying to figure this out so i can drive it this summer hahah..

Why don't you post your total combo and the PL file from the dyno along with a copy of the dyno run itself?

If you don't do that, you probably won't get much help.

i forgot to save it after that run. so ill have to get another log when i get my car down to the dyno.

as far as setup i have ported iron heads,thdp, atr 3'' dual exhuast, 60lb inj. afpr, hot wire, pt54, brian h fully built tranny with ptc 9.5 in nl converter stall 2800-3000ish, and a big mouth air intake, stock ic., tt chip. stock maf.