Shipping TR drivetrain, how much does it weigh?

Buickturbo85

Loves The Buicks
I sold my extra 86-87 drivetrain, and now I need to ship it out. I have no idea how much this thing weighs though, so I can't get a shipping estimate. Does anyone know the approximate weight of a complete drivetrain? I've got it all crated up- complete engine, trans, TC, harness, all engine accessories, EVERYTHING. Any help is appreciated.

Corbin

I use Roadway Express to ship my heavy parts..... 700lbs on the pallet is a pretty good estimation.

-GNX7

Thanks for the responses, guys. I sold this on ebay, and now the winning bidder has decided that he "no longer wants to purchase the item". :mad: :mad:

Maybe the second chance bidder will want to buy it. I had a bad feeling about the whole deal when I saw that the buyer's last two feedbacks were for non-payments. :rolleyes: Some people are un-friggin-believable.

If/when I do end up selling this, I'll post back with the weight for future reference.

Corbin

shipping charges

I am the one who backed out. He failed to say that the charges He quopted were $1,300. I have a motor, ic , and wiring harness from ky. for less than $300. So I think I am getting shafted.

why don't you arrange the shipping then Mr.GNman? $1300 is a little outlandish... but expect it to be more than $300 I imagine.

Roadway Express- ask for a quote on Time Advantage and class 85 (engine).

-Mark

I had no intentions to bring any names out into this, but since mr. gn man stepped up....

In my original auction, I specifically posted "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY" as I did not know how much it would cost to ship or even how I would do it since I had never shipped something of this size before. He contacted me, asked if I would ship it, I said yes AS LONG AS he made all the arrangements and paid for all costs. After the auction, he asked me for help with a shipping quote, so I offered to call a local carrier, and was quoted $1300. I felt this was high, so I again offered to contact another carrier to help mr gnman out. I was then quoted $800 for pickup from my residence in OH to his door in WA state. It was a little over $1 per lb, which I *think* is the avg rate. Mr gnman stated that was still too high and that he would not pay. This is something he should have checked prior to placing a bid, not well after the auction was over. I have no control over the cost of shipping.

And if you look at mr gnman's ebay record, I am the THIRD person he has failed to pay after winning an auction(compared to my 36 out of 37 positives). I guess all of us ebayers out to "shaft" him. :rolleyes:

This thread is going nowhere fast. All I really wanted to do was update on where the shipping stood and maybe vent a little without pointing any fingers.

E-Bay #7935129602

Please look at your posting on E-Bay. It says "prefer" local pickup not require local pick-up. If you would have answered my three E-mails inquiring about shipping this whole nasty matter could have been avoided. As to my not buying after a sale closed on E-Bay- perhaps you should read the rules again. I am permitted to withdraw my bid before bid closes. Oh, an since you have a hard time recalling all the facts you can forget about my offer to pay for your E-Bay sales commission!