You can type here any text you want

Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

What would be a good set of shocks for street driving. There are alot of bumpy roads where I live and my shocks are worn on my T-type. I was considering the Eldebrock IAS shocks. Has anyone used them on a TR?
I know Bilstien are suppose to be real good, but they are just so ugly. They could not be painted crappier colors.

just for future reference, I probably wouldn't factor color into my suspension decisions.

that being said, I have put literally hundreds of thousands of miles on Bilsteins and for the money, have yet to find a better shock. I put a complete set of them on either one of my cars for less than $350 For a lifetime warranty, great handling, and an overall quality product, they could be bright friggin pink and I would buy them.

if it bothers you that much, paint the damn things black, and enjoy your ride quality.

bilsteins

That's what I thought, I just wanted someone else to confirm it. As for the colors, I have kept a red and black theme under the hood and in the suspension so far, I just wanted to remain with the color scheme. I guess I might paint them.

yellow isnt bad looking. you wont see them much.

Bilsteins, & quit tlooking at them. Yellow & baby blue will contrast nicely against the red & black. At least Bilsteins don't need a girdle like Edelbrocks do. J/K.

hey when you order your Bilstien or me a set to. i will be happy to paint your for free.

What would be a good set of shocks for street driving. There are alot of bumpy roads where I live and my shocks are worn on my T-type. I was considering the Eldebrock IAS shocks. .......

On a bumpy road, you will hate the Bilstiens, they are firm and stiff for "handling".

The IAS is a great shock, gives good control and a very nice ride.:)

Thanks to all that have replied. I am now more unsure then when I started. All the people that have recommended the Bilstiens need to realize that living in SW Florida, the roads are worst than when I lived in New England with the frost heaves and pot holes. They couldn't build a decent road down here to save their lives. They are actually worst than the roads in Arkansas and Miss. And those states have alot less $ to spend than Florida. This state should be ashamed of their road system. As soon as I retire, I'm selling my house and moving. I actually have to periodically tighten the battery cables on all of our vehicles because they loosen from the bumps. It's bullcrap!
So anyways, I want a shock that totally doesn't comprimise handling, and gives me a nice ride over the crappy roads. That's why I was originally looking at the IAS shocks. And if I offended anyone involved in building roads in SW Florida or local gov't, I don't care, piss off- it's the truth.:mad:

Edelbrocks are great for street driving and bad roads. Bilsteins may be good for competition driving, but mine were too stiff for an old man's every day car.
IAC's are very comfortable but self adjust for cornering and bad roads. I'm happy that they do it all...

I need shocks too. Can I buy any of them in Canada? I know that I can't for Koni.

my .02 I run Competition Engineering from Summit Racing. They are adjustable and were about $40 each. I love the way my TR rides.

Jason

Back