You can type here any text you want

short block price

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
i have pistons , rings, center mains, so what would that cost me for all the machine work on the block? an around about price will do thanks

It really depends on the location and the experience of the machinist. Around here to bore/hone with plates, fit the center caps, line bore/hone, balance the rotating assembly, hot tank, turn crank, re-size rods, square/deck the block, magnaflux crank, rods and block, deck the heads, cut valves and seats, your looking between $2,000-$2,800. Fitting the caps is for a detail oriented shop. If the local machinst has never touched a turbo Buick, find someone else. If all they do is Small Block Chevies, look elsewhere. YOu will be better off shipping it to a experienced Buick builder. Best advice I can give you.

Ken's post is right on target! :)

The wide variance he stated is because of many variables as more information would be needed to give an accurate estimate.

if you would like to discuss your build and cost, feel free to give me a call. :)

i had a shop out here in florida do all that and they charged me around 13 hundred putting the moter together my self .there called johns cages they do engines transmissions chassies ect.i know that s far for you but if your someone that lives in florida that might be a place to go to .hope that helps anyone that lives in florida .

South Florida Machine Shop

Guys name is Phil, i would not trust my engine to ANYBODY else. I paid $ 650.00 for a 351W SBF Bore, Hone, Deck, and dynamic balancing reconditioned all eight rods and press fit them on forged pistons. I assembled it myself, made 500RWHP/589RWTQ on 6 PSI sold engine new guy is beating on it and NOOOOOOOOOOOO ISSUES AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

south florida machine - Home

Guys name is Phil, i would not trust my engine to ANYBODY else. I paid $ 650.00 for a 351W SBF Bore, Hone, Deck, and dynamic balancing reconditioned all eight rods and press fit them on forged pistons. I assembled it myself, made 500RWHP/589RWTQ on 6 PSI sold engine new guy is beating on it and NOOOOOOOOOOOO ISSUES AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

south florida machine - Home

He "might be" the right guy, BUT......a small block Ford is a FAR cry from a Buick V6. Then add to it the extreme shipping costs of going all the way across the country for the original poster who lives in So. Ca. He wouldn't be the best choice considering he has Duttweiler in his vicinity. Nick in Arizona, TA in AZ. and a host of other good machinists in Ca. There are lots of great builders in his neck of the woods.

He "might be" the right guy, BUT......a small block Ford is a FAR cry from a Buick V6. Then add to it the extreme shipping costs of going all the way across the country for the original poster who lives in So. Ca. He wouldn't be the best choice considering he has Duttweiler in his vicinity. Nick in Arizona, TA in AZ. and a host of other good machinists in Ca. There are lots of great builders in his neck of the woods.

Ken
Know any good builders up here on Vancouver Island?
Some one I could get to prep a NA 109 block it need oil return drilled plus billiet center caps set up.

I was thinking of Thompsons Machine in Nanaimo.

Thompson Automotive Machine Ltd. Nanaimo B.C.

They have a pic of a customers TR7 with a NA 231 buick on there web site.

Back