SHotgun Opinions

Check evilbay. There are a few deals on it if you're willing to keep an eye out for them. If you want to find an expensive barrel, look for an A5 Browning Belgium model that is only for 2.75" shells. I've had the gun for 4 years now and still haven't found a barrel that's less than what I paid for the gun.

I like my Mossburg 870-(turkey gun w/fiber optic sights) and my Marlin 512 (slug master) but the .45 is for home defense! smaller and quicker to handle around the house at night.. Now if your wanting to run people off your property than ANY shotgun will work!! :biggrin:

Barrel

Chadley- That would be awesome if you have anything your not using and no longer want. Keep me posted and thanks!

Guess- Yea if I had to pay 150+for a new barrel I was considering getting another gun for the small increase in price but I really want a side by side or over under as my next gun (prefer SxS) but they are usually quite a bit more then pumps. Figured I'd throw it out there. Thanks! I know Dicks usually has good prices relatively cheap also.

Scot- Haha yea I agree the .45 would be a sweet addition. Sadly NY state is a biotch to get a pistol permit (atleast a 2 year wait, my friend is still waiting!) and I am looking to move to NJ with my fiance when I can find a job there so I will wait until I am a resident there to get a pistol since it shouldnt take as long. And I really like the 1911's :D

I have checked ebay, online and most of the gun shops around me and the prices dont seem to be moving too far from the standard list price at Remington.com. Just wanted to spread the word if anyone has anything. Thanks guys!

-Rich

Home "defense"??? A Taurus Judge for magnum shells..
If you don't hit him, the muzzle blast will get him!
AND, U don't have to worry about killing someone a block away..

I picked up my Mossberg 835 Ultimag for 140 at a gun show. it ain't purdy but in my experience its dead nuts realiable (~2k rounds thus far). I'm a decent trap shooter and it works more than well for that, holds 5+1 and 24" barrel. and its sitting beside my bed with four 3" 00 buck rounds in it right now :)

Shotgun

I have a brand new Remington 105CTI semi-auto 12 gauge I am looking to sell. Still in the case inside the box. Never even put it together. Was planning on going skeet shooting with it but never did. Was 1300 new, looking to get 750 for it. Anyone interested please let me know,Thanks Aj

AJ, $750 for a new 105CTI is an excellent deal, you may do a bit better than that on gunbroker.com I have had some decent luck there
ML

Make it simple.

If you want something that is adaptable, not super expensive and there are a ton of bolt ons, I would recommend a Remington 1170.

This can be converted easily into a skeet gun, a hunting shot gun, tactical shot gun all in your living room in less than 1/2 an hour.

Barrels galore, with as many chokes as you can imagine.

Stocks galore with just about any flavor you could ask for.

These are reliable and as far as a convertible all around peice are about the best bang for your buck units you can get.

The 870 is just as convertible but does not give you semi auto which is great for skeet

Make it simple.

If you want something that is adaptable, not super expensive and there are a ton of bolt ons, I would recommend a Remington 1170.

This can be converted easily into a skeet gun, a hunting shot gun, tactical shot gun all in your living room in less than 1/2 an hour.

Barrels galore, with as many chokes as you can imagine.

Stocks galore with just about any flavor you could ask for.

These are reliable and as far as a convertible all around peice are about the best bang for your buck units you can get.

The 870 is just as convertible but does not give you semi auto which is great for skeet

X2 You should really check out the Remington 1100 series autos. I have two and one I have owned for 30 years. Great bang for the buck shotgun. I use it for target practice and bird hunting. As far as home defense I use other weapons of choice, typically 45's.

OH YEAH:biggrin: 10 & 12 rd clips... Then you have 20 and 30rd drums:eek: They will keep firing too:cool::biggrin:

An 870 is always a nice piece. Will get the job done! 1100's are wonderful too...

Don't try the 1187's, we have had nothing but complaints on them:mad:

Here is my opinion of one of the baddest self defense S/G's out there!

SLP

That has the same action as the new super fast winchester shotguns...

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. I already have an 870 shorty I just wanted to resurrect this thread instead of starting another. Wanted to toss out the idea if any of y'all had an extra 870 long barrel you would be willing to part with seeing as a factory barrel is over 150-170 bucks for 28" or so. I know I could get another gun for not much more than that but if I got another gun I would really prefer a side by side or over under (which are not cheap so for now barrel is prob best way to go unless someone has something they want to sell).

In any case, I appreciate the words fellas keep it comin, keep shootin and stay safe!

-Rich

super_shorty_870.jpg

A guy at the range let me shoot his Serbu super shorty at the range one day. Kind of snappy to say the least. :biggrin:

I have one 870 barrel I would part with. It’s a 30 inch with no removable choke. It says full on the side but I had a gun smith bore it to a modified. Its clean no rust with a single bead shinny finish. If you’re interested I can get pics. Make an offer. JMO. If I were you I would look harder for one with removable chokes and no longer than 28. The removable chokes make the gun so much more versatile. The last few guns I bought with a 26 inch barrel and I really like those. I even thought about a 24 inch but I heard it’s pretty easy to over swing the gun.

Don't try the 1187's, we have had nothing but complaints on them:mad:

I owned one for 15 years and the gun has had 1000's of 3" round shot through it, from dove, duck, turkey & 00 Buck. Never had a jam or one problem at all. The gun has been exposed to very extream elements, snow, sleet & rain. I never heard of anyone else having trouble with them so this is very surprising.

I owned one for 15 years and the gun has had 1000's of 3" round shot through it, from dove, duck, turkey & 00 Buck. Never had a jam or one problem at all. The gun has been exposed to very extream elements, snow, sleet & rain. I never heard of anyone else having trouble with them so this is very surprising.

Chit, I meant 887;) Let me show you a pic!

887-nitromag.jpg

Like a plastic version of the 870... We can't even get them sold them below cost at the store:mad:

Chit, I meant 887;) Let me show you a pic!

887-nitromag.jpg

Like a plastic version of the 870... We can't even get them sold them below cost at the store:mad:

That's good to hear....I know my 1187 has been by far one of the best guns I have ever owned. I've owned many that have cost more but when it counts you can depend on the 1187.